X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boozeman View Post
    I don't care for pineapple. In fact, I get enraged when it is placed into my food without my knowledge.

My wife once put it in some stir fry and I lost my shit.
    Well fuck you, then!

How bout next time you're smoking a butt or brisket or whatever, plan on making some mashed potatoes.

Poke holes all over the taters and throw them in the smoker til they soften and give them to your wife to process.

That's some damn good eating, especially with applewood.

Comment

• I'll be starting a couple butts this evening and have started brining them in an apple cider/cider vinger/rub/salt solution.

I brine them in a food-grade 5 gallon bucket. When they go on the smoker, reserve several cups of the brine and boil the shit out of it for 5-10 minutes and put in fridge.

When you're processing your bbq pour the brine in it as needed. It's also a good base for gravy if you're smoking mashed taters too.

Comment

• So when someone says they BBQed, do you assume they just grilled meat?

Some people say they "had a BBQ", when all they did is grill burgers and weenies.

Comment

So when someone says they BBQed, do you assume they just grilled meat?

Some people say they "had a BBQ", when all they did is grill burgers and weenies.
          I think that mainly depends on your local area. Here we call it cooking out or grilling when we just do burgers and whatnot. A BBQ are things like brisket, ribs, pulled pork, etc.
          2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• This matters?

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
              I think that mainly depends on your local area. Here we call it cooking out or grilling when we just do burgers and whatnot. A BBQ are things like brisket, ribs, pulled pork, etc.
              That’s right. There are several meanings to the term and it depends a great deal on where you reside. Generally it entails cooking outdoors on a grill or other flame utilized devices for the process.
              Since Day One

Comment

• Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post
                That’s right. There are several meanings to the term and it depends a great deal on where you reside. Generally it entails cooking outdoors on a grill or other flame utilized devices for the process.
                Exactly. It does seem to matter where you come from.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDak View Post
                  This matters?
                  Shit the site down. No reason to like discuss shit and stuff.

Comment

Shit it down. Shit it down now.

NoDick thinks this is a frivolous topic.

Comment

Shit it down. Shit it down now.

NoDick thinks this is a frivolous topic.

Apparently, I type the word shit too often.

Comment

Jesus. Sensitive much? I asked a question, I didn't tell you you couldn't talk about it.

I didn't think it mattered, so I asked why it would.

Comment

• So I finally used mustard and pickle juice on a brisket before applying my rub. It was....ok. I don’t get the hype.
                          No Pat McQuistan = No Super Bowl. It's that simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plan9Misfit View Post
                            So I finally used mustard and pickle juice on a brisket before applying my rub. It was....ok. I don’t get the hype.
                            I've never heard of using pickle juice. Is that supposed to add a flavor? I use mustard on a lot of things before applying my rub. Ribs, brisket, pork shoulder, etc... Mustard doesn't leave any kind of flavor, it's just a cheap condiment to use to help the rub to stick. And it's also lower calorie (and price) than using something like mayo, which I've never tried myself but have eaten other people's BBQ that have used it. You can't taste it at all.

Comment

• Never heard of using pickle juice either but like Nodak said use mustard all the time
                              2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDak View Post
                                I've never heard of using pickle juice. Is that supposed to add a flavor? I use mustard on a lot of things before applying my rub. Ribs, brisket, pork shoulder, etc... Mustard doesn't leave any kind of flavor, it's just a cheap condiment to use to help the rub to stick. And it's also lower calorie (and price) than using something like mayo, which I've never tried myself but have eaten other people's BBQ that have used it. You can't taste it at all.
                                Everyone knows pickle juice is the gator add of the Philadelphia Eagles. It is to used in the hot temperature games as a drink to avoid cramps. It is not effective as a rub for meats.
                                Since Day One

Comment

Working...
                                X