Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by junk View Post
    Nice. Learn something new every day. I'm going to threaten to spatchcock everyone at work tomorrow.
    Hopefully one of the hot female secretary's accepts your invitation.

    Comment


    • Speaking of good BBQ, who has tried this year's McRib?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by junk View Post
        Speaking of good BBQ, who has tried this year's McRib?
        I haven't tried this year's, but I do love me a McRib.
        2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

        Comment


        • OK, I got an electric smoker. Ridicule me all you want.....I don't have a lot of spare time and figured this would be a good way to start.

          Send me your tips and tricks. Probably going to focus on turkey and chicken initially.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by junk View Post
            OK, I got an electric smoker. Ridicule me all you want.....I don't have a lot of spare time and figured this would be a good way to start.

            Send me your tips and tricks. Probably going to focus on turkey and chicken initially.
            For your whole chickens, you can’t beat a spreadcock preparation. Trust me on this.
            2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
              For your whole chickens, you can’t beat a spreadcock preparation. Trust me on this.
              Did you mean a spatchcock?

              I'm afraid to google spreadcock to see what the hell that is. So no... I can not trust you on that.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NoDak View Post
                Did you mean a spatchcock?

                I'm afraid to google spreadcock to see what the hell that is. So no... I can not trust you on that.
                Yes, spatchcock. Not sure why I always want to call it spreadcock.
                2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                  Yes, spatchcock. Not sure why I always want to call it spreadcock.
                  I’m sure you don’t want to find out why you always call it spreadcock.
                  Since Day One

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                    For your whole chickens, you can’t beat a spreadcock preparation. Trust me on this.
                    Originally posted by NoDak View Post
                    Did you mean a spatchcock?

                    I'm afraid to google spreadcock to see what the hell that is. So no... I can not trust you on that.
                    Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                    Yes, spatchcock. Not sure why I always want to call it spreadcock.


                    Hate I missed this exchange.

                    Building a fire for a 12 pound brisket.

                    Comment


                    • Spreadcock.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                        Yes, spatchcock. Not sure why I always want to call it spreadcock.
                        Oh, I am sure why.

                        Comment


                        • Getting ready to smoke 50 pounds of Boston butts this weekend for my uncle's wedding and they've asked for slaw, which I don't eat and have never made.

                          I don't buy store-made anything when i cook, so I've searched for a few simple recipes and it seems pretty straight-forward, but does anyone have a can't miss slaw they'd be willing to share?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by mcnuttz View Post
                            Getting ready to smoke 50 pounds of Boston butts this weekend for my uncle's wedding and they've asked for slaw, which I don't eat and have never made.

                            I don't buy store-made anything when i cook, so I've searched for a few simple recipes and it seems pretty straight-forward, but does anyone have a can't miss slaw they'd be willing to share?
                            The bestest coleslaw recipe evar:

                            1. Open slaw container.
                            2. Dump slaw in trash.
                            3. Wash container thoroughly.
                            2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                              The bestest coleslaw recipe evar:

                              1. Open slaw container.
                              2. Dump slaw in trash.
                              3. Wash container thoroughly.
                              I agree, but I'm cooking for folks who want slaw so I'm gonna make some mother humping slaw.

                              I do enjoy an occassional chili cheese slaw dog, so I understand that it has its place...just not sure if I want it on a bbq sandwich.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mcnuttz View Post
                                I agree, but I'm cooking for folks who want slaw so I'm gonna make some mother humping slaw.

                                I do enjoy an occassional chili cheese slaw dog, so I understand that it has its place...just not sure if I want it on a bbq sandwich.
                                This is recipe I use https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/th...4/#post-327085
                                2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X