BBQ Thread

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Sweet looking ribs, brotha.

On a side note, I was on Lake Travis yesterday and stopped at a place called J&J BBQ. The stuff was really good. I was shocked when we were being served by two Asian dudes. It just looked out of place, lol. Come to fine out those guys owned the joint. I don't know why but I chuckled.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Sweet looking ribs, brotha.

On a side note, I was on Lake Travis yesterday and stopped at a place called J&J BBQ. The stuff was really good. I was shocked when we were being served by two Asian dudes. It just looked out of place, lol. Come to fine out those guys owned the joint. I don't know why but I chuckled.
The Chinese restaurants in California have superb ribs.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Going through and trying to thin out the deep freeze so I brined a turkey last night and decided to smoke it on the electric smoker I have today. Took 5 hours @ 250°

About halfway done here

and finished product

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Going through and trying to thin out the deep freeze so I brined a turkey last night and decided to smoke it on the electric smoker I have today. Took 5 hours @ 250°

About halfway done here

and finished product

Nice. I've been thinking about doing a turkey here lately. Excellent food for the price.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Nice. I've been thinking about doing a turkey here lately. Excellent food for the price.
My favorite part is actually the leftovers made into turkey, bacon & avocado sammiches

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not a big fan of turkey. I would rather have ham and chicken 10 times over.

hstour

Brand New Member
I smoke a turkey every Thanksgiving and then deep fry it for Christmas since there is a ham taking up the smoker.

I am so looking forward to moving back to Dallas after the first of the year. Get myself out of this apartment living and get in a house where I can finally get the smoker/grill combo that I have been eyeing:

http://www.pitmaker.com/product/vin/?vin=46116274

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I smoke a turkey every Thanksgiving and then deep fry it for Christmas since there is a ham taking up the smoker.

I am so looking forward to moving back to Dallas after the first of the year. Get myself out of this apartment living and get in a house where I can finally get the smoker/grill combo that I have been eyeing:

BGE...do it. It will change your life.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

When you smoke it do you get high?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

If I was dropping that much I'd want a reverse flow offset from Klose, but to each his own.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Don't brine ribs. But I hope you did use a good dry rub. The store bought ones are ok, but I prefer homemade.
I support everything about this post.

Top Bottom