BBQ Thread

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Yes, mine is a maverick as well. I forget the model.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I also use a digital thermometer. I was thinking about getting one of those cool thermometers that notify you when the temp gets down to a certain level. They are expensive as hell but they are really handy.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That is just cool as shit. I keep meaning to order one of those. Maybe I'll getrdone today.
I'd seen them around for awhile and kept just procrastinating about getting one until my neighbor got one and I saw how useful it is in person. Ordered one that night :towel

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Absolutely. I have one that I've used once. I paid $100 for it. I'll let it go for cheap. It is just sitting there.

I invested in a digiQ. That thing is awesome.

I temperature smoke rather than time. It works every time.
Are these oral or rectal thermometers?

Cotton

Staff member
Welp, I'm out.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I think an Apple is going in the pig's mouth so I guess a rectal.
I might move the apple to the rear, I have heard the difference between an oral and a rectal thermometer is the taste

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
That is just cool as shit. I keep meaning to order one of those. Maybe I'll getrdone today.
Dude just take mines. I'll hook you up. Whatever you buy it for I'll donate it to the DCC. It is sitting in the box with all the paperwork.

Cotton

Staff member
Dude just take mines. I'll hook you up. Whatever you buy it for I'll donate it to the DCC. It is sitting in the box with all the paperwork.
How much?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I have this one, too. I love it. I also have the Thermapen. http://thermoworks.com/products/thermapen/?tw=SMOKINGMEAT It's great for when you have a bunch of separate things on the smoker.
I've been wanting one of those, I have the cheaper instant read by them right now that takes like 6-8 seconds to read which doesn't sound like a long time until your doing it on a piece of meat at the back of a hot grill

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
~cough~ digiQ ~cough, choke on really good brisket, cough~

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
~cough~ digiQ ~cough, choke on really good brisket, cough~
My dad's been a bge user since I was kid and have thought about buying him the digiq I'm just not sure if he would even use it(he even still has a flipphone and refuses to upgrade)

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
My dad's been a bge user since I was kid and have thought about buying him the digiq I'm just not sure if he would even use it(he even still has a flipphone and refuses to upgrade)
Your dad sounds like a wise man.

Top Bottom