The Beer Thread

vince

Not So New Member
Please don't talk about beer.

:lol

Seriously though there are some fine canned beers out there. The canned version of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is good. torpedo too.
Aw man Torpedo is awesome! I've only seen bottled though.

vince

Not So New Member
Speaking of canned beer, this nice Hawaiian beer called Mana Wheat exclusively sells in cans due to the fact that light entering through a bottle would alter the taste...I'm not a beerologist or anything but I think that's a stretch.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Speaking of canned beer, this nice Hawaiian beer called Mana Wheat exclusively sells in cans due to the fact that light entering through a bottle would alter the taste...I'm not a beerologist or anything but I think that's a stretch.
It is a stretch with brown bottles, clear and green bottles will skunk due to sunlight. The can will alter the flavor of the beer anyway, where the glass is chemically neutral to it so I don't see their point.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Fat Tire for me tonight. I've really fallen in love with it.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Well thanks to y'alls quick replies I was stuck with BevMos! choices Stone Ruination IPA, Lazy dogs cafe samplers (both in house, better than expected, and "craft" included Guiness which after their overalcoholized porter tasted watery) and a 90min Dogfish for good measure.
How do you guys expect to better border relations this way?

Was taken to dinner at Flemmings (chain steakhouse I was told, but a solid 9 nonetheless) and had a bottle of Raymond CabSauv which I strongly recommend.
Daily Grill a disappointment a 6.5
In and Out Burgers Better than expected a solid 8

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Fat Tire for me tonight. I've really fallen in love with it.
That's my beer, pal!

Sadly my local Wal-Mart no longer carries it so I've been in a deep bout of depression for a couple months.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Well thanks to y'alls quick replies I was stuck with BevMos! choices Stone Ruination IPA, Lazy dogs cafe samplers (both in house, better than expected, and "craft" included Guiness which after their overalcoholized porter tasted watery) and a 90min Dogfish for good measure.
How do you guys expect to better border relations this way?

Was taken to dinner at Flemmings (chain steakhouse I was told, but a solid 9 nonetheless) and had a bottle of Raymond CabSauv which I strongly recommend.
Daily Grill a disappointment a 6.5
In and Out Burgers Better than expected a solid 8
Let me know when you come to GA.

Those Cali members are just hateful.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sweet Water Brewing Company Road Trip. Not bad....could be a bit more hoppy to kill the caramel flavoring.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Any hefeweizen fans in the crowd? I usually stick with Paulaner but I've tried a few domestic craft versions and haven't been impressed with them.

Any suggestions of a brand I should try?

Last edited:

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Any hefeweizen fans in the crowd? I usually stick with Paulaner but I've tried a few domestic craft versions and haven't been impressed with them.

Any suggestions of a brand I should try?
I'd like to help, but I pretty much hate every wheat beer that I've ever tried.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Even Paulaner?
Never had it, though I have had a wide variety of wheat beers, and I really honestly despise them.

I had a wheat IPA that I liked a lot one time, and it was a local brewery.

junk

Not So New Member
I had some Deviant Dale's by Oskar Blues last night. Love it. A bit maltier than the average IPA and I like that about it. Steep price though. 4 tallboys cans set me back almost $15 but it was worth it.

Never tried that although I've some of the other stuff from Oskar Blues (Dale's Pale Ale and Old Chub).

Anyone ever had O'Dells? They are based out of Fort Collins. Their 90 Shilling is a solid beer and the name is great (apparently, back in the day in Scotland, beer was taxed in shillings and the highest quality beers were taxed 90 shillings)

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Never tried that although I've some of the other stuff from Oskar Blues (Dale's Pale Ale and Old Chub).

Anyone ever had O'Dells? They are based out of Fort Collins. Their 90 Shilling is a solid beer and the name is great (apparently, back in the day in Scotland, beer was taxed in shillings and the highest quality beers were taxed 90 shillings)
I had Odell's IPA a few years ago when I was in Colorado but don't really remember it well since I've had lots of other CO beers since. Odell's former head brewer moved to Austin last year and became head brewer at Pinthouse Pizza brewpub. I've been there several times and had a few of their beers. Pretty good but not spectacular.

gator

Brand New Member
I had some La Fin Du Monde the other day. A little spicy, a little citrusy, 9% alcohol. Pretty powerful tasting, but still drinkable.

gator

Brand New Member
Toasted Lager from Blue Point is now a go-to for me. I think it tastes great.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
We took a spur of the moment road trip to Ocracoke Island today.... Got a nice little hotel. There is a pub here called Howards Pub that is legendary... However it kind of sucks. Great atmosphere... But 7.25 for a pint of anything other than BMC and even that swill is 5.25.

I spent 7.25 on a pint of dogfish 60 and the. 20 bucks on a pitcher of fat tire.

Good times tho

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Now that the canned versions of Fat Tire and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale are becoming readily available in my area, I'm getting where I actually prefer it in cans.

Top Bottom