The Beer Thread

waldoputty

Banned for the Greater Good
You won't see control freak mods here. We pretty much just go with the flow. However, we will ban the fuck out of you if you suggest Bobbeh Carpenter was worth a pick.

Actually, we will ban your ass for trolling, too, but that doesn't happen very often. We are a loose group that have been together a long damn time (18 years to be exact) so you will see a lot of name-calling, because we are all brothers. We have been through a lot. Sit back and post more, seriously. You all will enjoy it here if you're tired over over-moderation.
things got really weird there.
our beer thread once had at least 10 regulars who had a lot of fun toether.
we had more than 38000 posts in the 2nd beer thread and most of us had post many thousands or tens of thousands of posts etc.

it got really petty
ranch / coach was being targeted because mods did not like him getting into arguments with people
i was targeted because threads was not stick completely to their liking - partially because we would post regularly and then other beer threaders would come in and give me shit... so things can get off topic.
after his benching was over, they took away ranch's ability to start threads
in fact, one of ranch's nickname is benchie

basically the owner thinks he had something up his butt about creating content in threads
then the mods followed his lead and things went downhill from there
they 'allowed' us to have a beer thread that could be off topic, but after a few years, they clammed down on us in the beer thread also
really petty and pathetic, but it happened

at the end, they locked our thread of over 38000 posts, and that was it for me.
we had a lot of fun in it, and they imposed their will on our thread
kind of hard to believe but it really happened...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
things got really weird there.
our beer thread once had at least 10 regulars who had a lot of fun toether.
we had more than 38000 posts in the 2nd beer thread and most of us had post many thousands or tens of thousands of posts etc.

it got really petty
ranch / coach was being targeted because mods did not like him getting into arguments with people
i was targeted because threads was not stick completely to their liking - partially because we would post regularly and then other beer threaders would come in and give me shit... so things can get off topic.
after his benching was over, they took away ranch's ability to start threads
in fact, one of ranch's nickname is benchie

basically the owner thinks he had something up his butt about creating content in threads
then the mods followed his lead and things went downhill from there
they 'allowed' us to have a beer thread that could be off topic, but after a few years, they clammed down on us in the beer thread also
really petty and pathetic, but it happened

at the end, they locked our thread of over 38000 posts, and that was it for me.
we had a lot of fun in it, and they imposed their will on our thread
kind of hard to believe but it really happened...
We have threads for shooting the shit as I posted above. We try our best to keep threads on topic, which is why we created the "bullshitting" threads.

Top Bottom