The Beer Thread

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I’ve bartendended in a couple of breweries and have worked in craft beer bars for years. It’s goid money cause white people be tipping, but it’s frustrating

I visited a small brewery a few weeks ago, and tipped the bartender pretty well...so I reckon I'm part of the problem.

Should folks not tip at a brewery bar?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This just wrong

I bet this bitch loves his beer with a strong hint of pine cone.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

This just wrong

I bet this bitch loves his beer with a strong hint of pine cone.
I guarantee you he's one of those douches that brings up how lacy the foam is on his beeradvocate reviews

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I guarantee you he's one of those douches that brings up how lacy the foam is on his beeradvocate reviews
At least he's getting semi-ratio'd.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I bought a 6 pack of Paulaner Salvator Double Bock yesterday. First time I've had it in quite some time. It used to be one of my go to beers when I lived in Germany.

I was just on Beer Advocate looking up reviews on it and this is one of the first reviews I saw. Couldn't help but think about this thread as I was reading it. :lol

Poured from bottle into a snifter
Appearance – The beer pours a ruby color with a one finger head of fizzy white foam. The head fades quite fast to leave a light level of foamy lace on the sides of the glass.

Smell – The aroma is strong of dark fruit smells with lots of cherry, plum, and raisin being present. Along with these aromas comes some big bready smells as well as some nice caramel, brown sugar, and vanilla smells. There is also a decent showing of an alcohol smell, which with the rest, creates a nice warming smell.

Taste – The taste begins with a quite bready and malty flavor that has a good deal of sugary sweetness upfront. The malty flavors is a mix of a grainy bread and doughy taste, while the sweet is strongest of a brown sugar and caramel taste. There is also a good showing of dark fruitiness upfront, with plenty of raisin, plum, and harvest fruit present. As the taste advances the sweeter flavor increase as the malty decreases a little bit. All the while a hint of grass and herb come to the tongue, along with a moderately strong warming boozy taste, which with the increase in sweet and decrease in malt, creates a very rich and warming taste to linger on the tongue.

Mouthfeel – For a doppelbock of its strength, and for the mix of bread, fruit, and alcohol, the feel is a little bit on the thinner side. The carbonation level is rather moderate to low, which for the style, is quite nice, so overall the feel is pretty decent.

Overall - A rather easy drinking doppel at it’s abv. Approachable, warming, and still rather drinkable. All in all, it is a good brew that doesn’t weigh you down like most doppel’s, but still has a good level of flavor.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Beer. Snobs.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Kellen Moore rumors in full force and suddenly the beer thread gets active for the first time in months. Coincidence?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Um, I thought you couldn't package beer or cigarettes in a way that would appeal to kids.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Rocky mountain oysters are awesome. But as a beer flavor? Nooooooo...

Top Bottom