The Beer Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Hard to find, my wife actually found it at World Market of all places.
Those organic food stores are excellent spots for finding special and craft brews.

I find mine at Central Market all the time.

vince

Not So New Member
And FINALLY got around to this. You guys mentioned this a couple of years back and just now found a place that had it. It was AWESOME aside from the price. I was honestly expecting it to be hoppier. Glad it wasn't.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Tried the New Belgium Blue Paddle on draft yesterday.

It's a pilsner that has a hint of Fat Tire taste to it.

I'm a fan.

dallen

Senior Tech
Tried the New Belgium Blue Paddle on draft yesterday.

It's a pilsner that has a hint of Fat Tire taste to it.

I'm a fan.
New Belgium won't distribute in Oklahoma because beer can't be stored cold here.

CSB

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
New Belgium won't distribute in Oklahoma because beer can't be stored cold here.

CSB
OK hates its citizens? I did not know that.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Next you're gonna tell us that it's illegal to have the hind legs of a farm animal in your boots in OK.

dallen

Senior Tech
It's worse than that, OK sells 3.2% ABV beer in stores. You have to go to a liquor store there to get real beer.
Or Wine, or liquor. 3.2 beer can be sold cold, but why would you want it? Another thing is liquor stores aren't allowed to sell anything but alchohol. No mixes. no ice, no glasses. Not even a bottle opener or a wine screw. For a state that hates government interferance and loves the free market there are some dumb ass laws here

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Or Wine, or liquor. 3.2 beer can be sold cold, but why would you want it? Another thing is liquor stores aren't allowed to sell anything but alchohol. No mixes. no ice, no glasses. Not even a bottle opener or a wine screw. For a state that hates government interferance and loves the free market there are some dumb ass laws here
Can you buy beer on Sunday?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I can, but have to travel one county over.
That is just nuts to me. Here you can't buy on Sunday until after noon, which makes even less sense.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
That is just nuts to me. Here you can't buy on Sunday until after noon, which makes even less sense.
You can than the Baptist for that, bud! Remind Pops how he screwed you every time you think of it.

Top Bottom