The Beer Thread

jootep

Brand New Member
I see their beer around but I don't think I've tried any. I'll keep an eye out for that one. Been a while since I've had a beer of that style.
A bar down here has it on tap. Can't get enough of it.

Their Dead Guy Ale and Mocha Porter are good too.

vince

Not So New Member
Anybody try Blue Moon's Horchata Cinnamon Ale? Definitely a dessert tasting beer.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Couldn't find any Sam Adam's Pumpkin Ale anywhere, so I bought 3 6-packs once I finally did.

Love this stuff.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You people are soooo damn proud of their horchata, aren't you?
Shit, horchata flavored beer doesn't even sound appealing, but as an aside, you do know that Salvadoran horchata is way different from Mexican horchata, right

Have you tried either? It's tasty either way, but I certainly wouldn't want my beer to taste that way.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm trying a new beer this weekend, Flying Fish Abbey Dubbel.

I like it. This is one that might end up in my regular rotation.

It's a dark Belgian style ale with a 7.2% ABV. Great taste with a little kick.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Couldn't find any Sam Adam's Pumpkin Ale anywhere, so I bought 3 6-packs once I finally did.

Love this stuff.
That stuff is all over the place down here. I bored of it and other Pumpkin Ales a couple weeks ago.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Anybody try Blue Moon's Horchata Cinnamon Ale? Definitely a dessert tasting beer.
Never tried it or heard of dessert beer before but I dessert beer is a category then Leinenkugel's Cranberry Ginger Shandy probably falls into that category. I had a sample of Cranberry Ginger Sandy yesterday and it was really sweet. Tasted like a cheap sweet champagne.

Definitely not my thing.

jootep

Brand New Member
Shit, horchata flavored beer doesn't even sound appealing, but as an aside, you do know that Salvadoran horchata is way different from Mexican horchata, right

Have you tried either? It's tasty either way, but I certainly wouldn't want my beer to taste that way.
Love me some horchata. I had no idea El Salvador had their own version though. What's the difference?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wife got me a beer sampling as a stocking stuffer and I think I have found my new favorite beer...Belhaven Scottish Ale.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Snob.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I have a few stouts I've been saving for this Christmas break. Founders KBS, Prairie Bomb!, and Prairie Christmas Bomb!. I've had Founders KBS (formerly referred to as Kentucky Breakfast Stout) in the past and it is probably the best stout I've ever had. I've been sitting on a couple bottles of it for a while. I've also had Prairie Bomb! before. It too is damn good and I have saved a couple of those as well. The Christmas Bomb! is new this season so I'm looking forward to trying it for the first time.

Last edited:

hstour

Brand New Member
Wife got me a beer sampling as a stocking stuffer and I think I have found my new favorite beer...Belhaven Scottish Ale.

Haven't had a Belhaven in years. Used to be a regular before the whole import/microbrew revolution when it was one of the few imports in the beer isle.

Maybe time to circle back around and re-sample some of the old favorites. Don't think I've had a Bass in a while either.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Love me some horchata. I had no idea El Salvador had their own version though. What's the difference?
I know spanish horchata is made from chufa and mexican is made out of rice, Salvadorian couldn't tell you.

junk

Not So New Member
Had a whole bunch of new beers over the holidays.

Three Floyds Zombie Dust - pretty great
Three Floyds Skull'Ole - A sour beer. It was like drinking Sour Patch Kids. Easily the oddest beer I've ever drank.
Three Floyds Dreadnaught IPA - A great IPA
Toppling Goliath pseudoSue - one of those highly rated, hard to get beers that was good, but not sure it matches the hype
Against the Grain Bo and Luke - Not usually a fan of barrel aged stouts, but this was outstanding
Hoppin' Frog Mean Manalishi Douple IPA - good IPA
Sierra Nevada Harvest Wild Hop IPA - I guess this was a series trying different hops. This one was really good. I have one using New Zealand hops I'm breaking out during the game tomorrow.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

I've enjoyed this one myself, but now I can't find it anywhere.

Top Bottom