The Beer Thread

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Drinking a local brew called a Bell Ringer from a brewery in Spartanburg. Pretty tasty.
We stopped in Asheville on the way to the Bristol race last year and I picked up a 6er of that shit.

Was easily the drunkest I've ever been on a 6 pack.

Bell was rung.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Sam Adams best beer is the Summer Ale.
You should request a new keyboard.

Looks like you spelled Oktoberfest incorrectly.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You should request a new keyboard.

Looks like you spelled Oktoberfest incorrectly.
I will just go ahead and humbly disagree with you and request that you GTFO.

jootep

Brand New Member
Rahr & Sons Ugly Pug. Saint Arnold's Brown Ale.

And of course, Shiner Bock and the Black Lager.

Texas does beers goods.

As an aside, Shiner Bock + a Green Chile Double from Whataburger = winning.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Texas does beers goods.

:buddy

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

Texas does beers goods.

I wonder why whataburger doesn't sell beer. Seems wrong.

junk

Not So New Member
Of all the beers I can go to my local convenience store and buy at any time, Ballast Point Sculpin IPA is the best. A superior West Coast IPA. @clayallison I know you prefer Big Eye. That one is good, but Sculpin is the shiznit, IMO.
I went to Vegas a couple of weeks ago and finally tried this along with the Firestone Walker Union Jack IPA. Both were outstanding.

Found Sculpin in cans today too. I'm becoming a huge fan of craft beer in cans.

Epic Brewing is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I've tried their Escape to Colorado IPA, Brainless IPA and Hopulent IPA and all were really good.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
If you're ever in Cali, check out Pliny the Elder or Pliny the Younger from The Russian River Brewing Company in Santa Rosa. They've got some other good brews but those two are great. My niece bootlegged some to me from Cali awhile ago and it was very good but I believe PtY is seasonal. PtE is a double IPA, PtY is a triple IPA. I've been a beer drinker since '78 and they're probably the best that I've tried.

junk

Not So New Member
If you're ever in Cali, check out Pliny the Elder or Pliny the Younger from The Russian River Brewing Company in Santa Rosa. They've got some other good brews but those two are great. My niece bootlegged some to me from Cali awhile ago and it was very good but I believe PtY is seasonal. PtE is a double IPA, PtY is a triple IPA. I've been a beer drinker since '78 and they're probably the best that I've tried.
Those are two beers I'd love to try. They are consistently rated high everywhere. Tough to get though, I think

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I went specifically to a joint in LA to get some Pliny, they were out of PtE and PtY is seasonal and the guy told me they line up outside to get some so I was SoL...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I went specifically to a joint in LA to get some Pliny, they were out of PtE and PtY is seasonal and the guy told me they line up outside to get some so I was SoL...
I understood SOL but that was all.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Hate to go all this person knows this person knows this person but my niece's husband has a friend whose brother worked at Russian River Brewing and it helped her get her hands on some for me. They take a drive back to NJ from Cali every couple of years and she drops it off for me but it's been a couple of years. It is a good brew and if it was sold around here I would probably go broke buying it.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
My sister lives a couple blocks from Falling Rock Tap House in Denver (always an outstanding beer selection) and I've had it on tap there a couple times when I've been out to visit. It more or less lives up to its reputation as far as I'm concerned. That's saying a lot because it is extremely highly regarded. I have had similar beers that I think are nearly as good though, so I don't think it's head and shoulders above the pack. It's just a great representation of my favorite style of beer. Have never had the chance to try Pliny the Younger, but their Blind Pig is very good.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Samuel Adams' New World is one of the best tasting beers I have ever had.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Samuel Adams' New World is one of the best tasting beers I have ever had.
New World huh? Haven't seen that one yet.

I'll look out for it this weekend when I go to buy some Sam Adams Pumpkin Ale.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
As per the brews in Disney California... meh.

Karl Strauss or smthg...

Top Bottom