Diet/Fitness Thread

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I've been doing a really simple routine for months and just finally lost 5 pounds.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like much but my body has changed a lot in the last few months.

You've should have swung by on your way to Ft. Gordon and I would have let you touch my abs.
I'm still in Augusta, dickweed. Be here until Sunday.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
So I just started monitoring my diet about a month ago. Trying to cut out breads and sugar pretty much all together. Also trying to keep meals moderate so calories stay small. Lots of vegies and good protein. As of today, I'm down 13 pounds since I started. I haven't gotten back into the gym yet, but After my August 9 cruise, I will.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I fell off the wagon big time. I have been eating terribly and just not making fitness a priority like I was when I was balls deep into it. Shit, I was running 12 or more miles a day and doing some light weight workouts. Finally had that vein that runs over your bicep and my lower abs were defined to a point where you could see crazy definition there.

A few things though...had to start taking a med that just sapped me of energy, the doc thought I tore my Achilles, and I quit smoking. I vape, but it is different.

When you get off that crazy train it is hard to pick up...your mind remembers how fast you would run, but the body cannot quite do that yet.

I'll get it back, but it fucking sucks to lose it so quickly...that is what being in the mid 40s does to you I guess.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Get off your fat ass and do something, damn.

Frikkin vapin fag mf'er!

How are those knees holding up though? I swear that 12 miles is too far to be running everyday for a guy your age.

I

Carp

DCC 4Life

Frikkin vapin fag mf'er!

How are those knees holding up though? I swear that 12 miles is too far to be running everyday for a guy your age.

I
Knees were good because I was 158-160...all that running though made me feel good.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Frikkin vapin fag mf'er!

I
Do NOT leave us hanging! You WHAT?!

dallen

Senior Tech
[MENTION=57]mcnuttz[/MENTION] ded

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Knees were good because I was 158-160...all that running though made me feel good.
Forrest Gump looking mf'er, where the hell you running to?

Maybe you felt a lot better than I did, but I've found that running even 1 mile every morning leaves me alert and ready all day.

12 miles just seems like you're adding excessive wear to knees that are coming up on EOL.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Forrest Gump looking mf'er, where the hell you running to?

Maybe you felt a lot better than I did, but I've found that running even 1 mile every morning leaves me alert and ready all day.

12 miles just seems like you're adding excessive wear to knees that are coming up on EOL.
I split it into 2 separate runs. It was a very difficult schedule to keep...I'd have to run in the morning, then run in the evening. All balanced around other commitments. That was tough.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I split it into 2 separate runs. It was a very difficult schedule to keep...I'd have to run in the morning, then run in the evening. All balanced around other commitments. That was tough.
Your efforts are to be applauded.

It's tough as you get older. And you're right...once you take a little time off it's even worse. It's almost like quitting smoking again, but once you get back into it it ain't too bad.

II

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use to run in the morning but the problem was even after a shower as soon as I put on my suit I felt like I was still sweating and gross.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I use to run in the morning but the problem was even after a shower as soon as I put on my suit I felt like I was still sweating and gross.
Fat people sweat a lot.

You need to run more.

Really though you probably just need to have a longer cool down before you jump in a hot shower.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I started taking Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes a few months back.

I must like getting my ass kicked for fitness.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Can't believe it's been over two and a half years since this thread was last updated.

Are you fat fuckers beach ready?

Top Bottom