Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diet/Fitness Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Diet/Fitness Thread

    Since EZ hasn't stepped up to the plate to start this thread I guess I will.

    I have to eat better. I'm finally able to do some physical exercise, so I've been starting slowly with that.

    Today is day two of not being a lard arse. I woke up and looked in the mirror and didn't see a change. My guess is that it's not working.

  • #2
    Me too.

    /fatandlazycomment
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

    Comment


    • #3
      I have lost 60 lbs and gained significant muscle mass in the last year. Some tips:

      Up your protein/carb intake ratio while lowering overall calories.
      Don't weigh yourself, especially not daily. Go by how healthy you feel and how your clothes fit to gauge progress.
      Don't just condition--lift. The process of gaining and maintaining muscle eats up calories.
      Don't follow "diets." Diets end. Diets make you feel like shit if you give in and have a cookie. Just make healthier choices.

      Comment


      • #4
        That's good stuff, Klark. I need to get consistent and stay consistent.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by skidadl View Post
          That's good stuff, Klark. I need to get consistent and stay consistent.
          And not to be all preachy, but you know that we are taught self-denial. Take it as an opportunity to grow in that way.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by skidadl View Post
            Since EZ hasn't stepped up to the plate to start this thread I guess I will.

            I have to eat better. I'm finally able to do some physical exercise, so I've been starting slowly with that.

            Today is day two of not being a lard arse. I woke up and looked in the mirror and didn't see a change. My guess is that it's not working.
            Finally able to? What happened man?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mcnuttz View Post
              Finally able to? What happened man?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kbrown View Post
                And not to be all preachy, but you know that we are taught self-denial. Take it as an opportunity to grow in that way.
                Word.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mcnuttz View Post
                  Finally able to? What happened man?
                  Pull up a chair...this is going to take a while.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Kbrown View Post
                    I have lost 60 lbs and gained significant muscle mass in the last year. Some tips:

                    Up your protein/carb intake ratio while lowering overall calories.
                    Don't weigh yourself, especially not daily. Go by how healthy you feel and how your clothes fit to gauge progress.
                    Don't just condition--lift. The process of gaining and maintaining muscle eats up calories.
                    Don't follow "diets." Diets end. Diets make you feel like shit if you give in and have a cookie. Just make healthier choices.
                    Props, Kentravious...that's some major progress.

                    I've lost 15 pounds since the first of the year by doing p90x.

                    As long as I'm exercising regularly, I'm not hungry as I used to be.

                    Still drink like a mother humper though, but no beer gut....wut wut!!!

                    Great points about not weighing yourself and following diets. Exercise, work that shit off. Results aren't immediate but if you stick with it you're gonna get in better shape.

                    Nothing is more aggravating than seeing someone punish themselves with a diet for a few days only to see them gorge when they can't handle it anymore.

                    You have to make better choices. First should be exercise. Move and do something, and everything else will fall into place.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Why is skid the one who starts this thread every DCC reincarnation?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                        Why is skid the one who starts this thread every DCC reincarnation?
                        He says he's fat, but I bet he's skinny.

                        Used to think he was a beaner, turns out he used to rock a mullet.

                        I think he's doing it to keep us guessing.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          How bout this?


                          photo (1).jpg

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Another favorite:

                            photo (2).jpg

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                              Why is skid the one who starts this thread every DCC reincarnation?

                              I think EZ is the one that starts the fat threads. I have historically been more dedicated to fat posts within threads.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X