Diet/Fitness Thread

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I've been working out at Golds Gym for almost a year, but I haven't lost any weight. I have just gotten stronger. I'm not really crushing it in the gym- I mean I'm not trying to bench 300 pounds or curl 150. I'm just doing a decent workout.

I did just eat a bowl of Cap'nCrunch though.

:unsure
I assumed you had a Gold's Gym in your house.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Right now I'm sitting at 6-3 256 lbs. I was lifting heavy again and got my one rep max bench to 335 which for my skinny long arms is a ton. But I'm 50 now and really don't need to be pushing that kind of weight. I'm gonna start lifting no more than 275 ever and try to drop down in body weight to about 225. Less lifting and more cardio..Yuck!

dallen

Senior Tech
Wife has decided to go gluten-free vegan. I'm thinking about going vegetarian with her for a little while and see if I can lose some weight. So far I have eaten a lot of cheese pizza, donuts, and cookies. It doesn't appear to be working.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Anyone ever take Creatine before? My understanding is that it draws water into your muscles to show more definition. If you have used it, tell me how it make you feel, what results you got, etc.

D

Deuce

Paleo diet.

Though don't take it to the extreme like some crazies do.
I'm actually doing this right now. Started on New Years Day and I'm down 10lbs. I'm not fantatical with it in the sense that I use some condiments very lightly. But for the most part I've been good.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I was on and off of a low carb high protein diet a bunch over the years. I developed gout and can't do that anymore.

On another note I plan to get myself in better shape after the super bowl.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I asked a legit question...answer this you puds.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I haven't taken it before. I'm really careful with supplements. This beautiful needs to be preserved. Mostly with MSGs and such but you get the point.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Anyone ever take Creatine before? My understanding is that it draws water into your muscles to show more definition. If you have used it, tell me how it make you feel, what results you got, etc.
I tried it back in the late 90s when Mark McGwire was supposedly using it, but never saw any gains from it. Was working out regularly and lifting heavy prior to taking. Only went through two bottles and said F it.

Newt

DCC 4Life
I used it for a little while after high school, it was liquid creatine, I would put three or four drops under my tongue about 30 minutes before I lifted weights. Got a good rush from it while working out, wasn't quite as sore after workouts, was able to lift more faster. But when I stopped taking it I noticed a good drop off. Not a complete drop off but I wasn't lifting and feeling like I was when I was using it. It did seem to make me more irritable and snappy. Could have just been me though.

Carp

DCC 4Life
OK...cool. Sounds like I am not missing much.

Newt

DCC 4Life
So my weight loss trials have been well documented, I did the bike thing for a while and really enjoyed it. I felt good but wasn't losing much weight after the first couple of months. Haven't rode in a while, a couple months now, and it sucks because that was one thing I could do without killing my knees. Anyway, I went to a place in Dallas a few weeks ago and have decided to do the lap band surgery to help me lose the weight. I know I should have more self control and be able to do this myself but honestly I just don't. I go back on February 2nd to schedule the surgery and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm hoping to lose about 120 pounds, maybe more depending on how it goes. I'm the heaviest I've ever been right now at 356, the last time I was 240 I was wearing a hat and gown for high school graduation so that will be awesome if I can get back to that. I know it will make doing things like riding the bike and even just walking much easier and hopefully keep me from having to my knees replaced 10 years to soon. Plus I've heard that you gain an inch of penis for each 30 pounds you lose, I could end up with a good 8 inch wiener....

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
So my weight loss trials have been well documented, I did the bike thing for a while and really enjoyed it. I felt good but wasn't losing much weight after the first couple of months. Haven't rode in a while, a couple months now, and it sucks because that was one thing I could do without killing my knees. Anyway, I went to a place in Dallas a few weeks ago and have decided to do the lap band surgery to help me lose the weight. I know I should have more self control and be able to do this myself but honestly I just don't. I go back on February 2nd to schedule the surgery and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm hoping to lose about 120 pounds, maybe more depending on how it goes. I'm the heaviest I've ever been right now at 356, the last time I was 240 I was wearing a hat and gown for high school graduation so that will be awesome if I can get back to that. I know it will make doing things like riding the bike and even just walking much easier and hopefully keep me from having to my knees replaced 10 years to soon. Plus I've heard that you gain an inch of penis for each 30 pounds you lose, I could end up with a good 8 inch wiener....

Congrats, dude.

I've got a really good friend that runs one of those surgery places in Dallas. She's a really good lady. If you aren't locked in and you are interested I'll hook you up.

D

Deuce

Be careful. I've worked a lot with bariatric patient's at my hospital and there are a lot that can go wrong, especially if you don't follow every bit of the instructions. The diet that you have to follow after the surgery is often what causes some of the weight loss. Sometimes people don't realize that if they skip the surgery and just do that diet they would have to do otherwise, it'll work.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Be careful. I've worked a lot with bariatric patient's at my hospital and there are a lot that can go wrong, especially if you don't follow every bit of the instructions. The diet that you have to follow after the surgery is often what causes some of the weight loss. Sometimes people don't realize that if they skip the surgery and just do that diet they would have to do otherwise, it'll work.
Did you miss the part where he said he hasn't been able to do it on him own?

Top Bottom