Random Tech thread.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Props. I’ll check those out.
There's a website called experticity. You know how store employees get discounts on products? well, this is a company that worked with stores to make sure the employees knew about the products they sold (at least that's what I was told). So you sign up with them, watch a few vids or read some info and take a short quiz and you get discounts on the products. Tons of companies listed for all sorts of products. Jaybird is one of them. Do the stuff for the X3's and you can get a pair for 50% off. I think they were normally $149 or so at retail stores, I got mine for $60. Go take a look.

vince

Not So New Member
Just moved into my new place and it seems the only logical place to put my 60' TV is mounting it above the fireplace. I'm a little skeptical about doing so for obvious reasons but I don't see a better place for it. Any input?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just moved into my new place and it seems the only logical place to put my 60' TV is mounting it above the fireplace. I'm a little skeptical about doing so for obvious reasons but I don't see a better place for it. Any input?
If you're worried about the heat, don't. It won't hurt your TV.

data

Forbes #1
There's a website called experticity. You know how store employees get discounts on products? well, this is a company that worked with stores to make sure the employees knew about the products they sold (at least that's what I was told). So you sign up with them, watch a few vids or read some info and take a short quiz and you get discounts on the products. Tons of companies listed for all sorts of products. Jaybird is one of them. Do the stuff for the X3's and you can get a pair for 50% off. I think they were normally $149 or so at retail stores, I got mine for $60. Go take a look.
What employer did you put down?

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I think law enforcement was one of their targets. It isn't like they actually check though.

data

Forbes #1
No response yet. If approved, I'm supposed to receive a Group Code to enter before the shopping list is opened to me.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Not sure, it's been a while. But I would have thought you'd have heard something by now. I don't think it took that long for mine.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No response yet. If approved, I'm supposed to receive a Group Code to enter before the shopping list is opened to me.
Probably slowed the process for them since they have never heard the name pdom and there not sure if it is tied to ISIS. :art

2233boys

Not So New Member
Not sure why but every time I log on here I got a virus notification. Just letting you all know.

Cotton

Staff member
Bought a new laptop the other day and it arrived today. It's a Dell with an i7 Intel Core processor, 8 GB of installed RAM, with a port to install 8 more, and a 2 TB harddrive. This thing is smoking fast compared to the 12 year old laptop I had before it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Not sure why but every time I log on here I got a virus notification. Just letting you all know.
Thank you for the notice, we'll look into it as soon as possible.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Bought a new laptop the other day and it arrived today. It's a Dell with an i7 Intel Core processor, 8 GB of installed RAM, with a port to install 8 more, and a 2 TB harddrive. This thing is smoking fast compared to the 12 year old laptop I had before it.
Is it a solid state HD?

Cotton

Staff member
Do you have insight into why that would be happening, IT boy?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
While you're at it, see if you can figure out why this piece of shit goes through batteries like a meth whore's vibrator.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think most HDs are solid state today.
I replaced my HD recently with a SS HD. They are nice and absolutely silent. I still sometimes wait for that start up sound.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Do you have insight into why that would be happening, IT boy?
Not really, but I don't deal with web applications.

My post was a joke, since his message was from 6 months ago...ya know, IT will get right on it!

Top Bottom