Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random Tech thread.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by EZ22 View Post
    Doesn't matter, in ten years there will be no such thing as "the cable company" as we currently know it.

    It's all going internet.
    So you will be stringing what then?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by boozeman View Post
      So you will be stringing what then?
      Pretty much the same thing, just a different service.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by EZ22 View Post
        Pretty much the same thing, just a different service.
        Fiber optic stringer. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by EZ22 View Post
          Cable, at least the one I have experience with, has no problem delivering 1080i. At all.
          Its a compressed 1080i.

          Same with Directv...look at their "BluRay/1080P" movies, then compare it to a real BluRay DVD...no comparison. The 1080P is so damn compressed that is loses some of it definition.
          Last edited by UncleMilti; 08-28-2013, 08:49 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Jiggyfly View Post
            I had a chance to get an HD projector fo cheap has anybody used them for a primary video source or seen then in action how is the picture quality?
            The best bang for the buck are DLP based projectors. You can get a really nice one for 750-900 bucks. Its very light dependent though as Ace said. Control the light, and its a helluva set up for the money.

            The high end projectors are LCOS 3 panel systems that rival a plasma TV with their black reproduction. They start at around 2800.00.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by UncleMilti View Post
              Its a compressed 1080i.

              Same with Directv...look at their "BluRay/1080P" movies, then compare it to a real BluRay DVD...no comparison. The 1080P is so damn compressed that is loses some of it definition.
              You know where you really tell the difference?

              Sound.....but only if you have a fancy pants surround sound.
              2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

              Comment


              • #22
                Heres my system just for shits and giggles...a JVC DLA-X95 projecting onto a Black Diamond 120" screen.





                Last edited by UncleMilti; 08-28-2013, 09:18 PM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  And I thought mine was nice.

                  2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Wow.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I have a Samsung LED LCD 46 inch hooked up to my PS3 with an HDMI cable, it apparently outputs at 1080p, but, uh, yeah, it doesn't look like that. How'd you get those screen captures?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                        I have a Samsung LED LCD 46 inch hooked up to my PS3 with an HDMI cable, it apparently outputs at 1080p, but, uh, yeah, it doesn't look like that. How'd you get those screen captures?
                        Tripod with a Canon T5i.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Very nice. Are those below 10K yet? How often do you have to replace the bulb? The reason I ask is in our new house I have an 800 sq ft bonus room upstairs I get to do what I want with. It only has one source of natural light that's easily remedied and I am trying to decide between a moderately good projector or a big (80 inch or so ) LED.
                          Last edited by fortsbest; 08-28-2013, 09:50 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by UncleMilti View Post
                            Tripod with a Canon T5i.
                            Ok, Richie Rich. Can I have a job?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by fortsbest View Post
                              Very nice. Are those below 10K yet? How often do you have to replace the bulb? The reason I ask is in our new house I have an 800 sq ft bonus room upstairs I get to do what I want with. It only has one source of natural light that's easily remedied and I am trying to decide between a moderately good projector or a big (80 inch or so ) LED.
                              I got mine for around 9K.

                              The screen was another 3500K.

                              I have not had to replace the bulb yet...supposedly the lamp life is around 3000 hours.

                              Thank gawd I already had the surround sound.

                              Last edited by UncleMilti; 08-28-2013, 10:02 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by UncleMilti View Post
                                I got mine for around 9K.

                                The screen was another 3500K.

                                I have not had to replace the bulb yet...supposedly the lamp life is around 3000 hours.

                                Thank gawd I already had the surround sound.

                                If I love how my surround system sounds, I can only imagine how good yours is.

                                Really really loving these Sonance speakers and the Def Tech sub is great.
                                2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X