Random Tech thread.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Cowboysrock55

Yeah, I can't be throwing $3500 for a TV, so 65" OLED is $2k.

Coming from a 70" now, is the OLED picture quality worth stepping down to a 65" OLED when I could go bigger for 75" at my current LED picture quality?
5 inches diagonal on a TV really isn't much. In my situation I had a tight fit for my OLED so I couldn't go bigger than 65 inches anyway. The LGs are very nice. Picture is great and they are insane thin. Plus all the tech on the TV is cutting edge. They get really high ratings for a good reason.

But if you just want a massive TV there are cheaper options. There are also other OLED TVs besides LG, theirs is just the most impressive all around.

data

Forbes #1
Where are all the Super Bowl TV sales? Quite non-existent vs years past

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 phone that I've had since 2018. I'm kicking around the idea of upgrading to a new phone a few months down the road. My current phone isn't giving me any problems, just kind of interested in a getting a new toy.

Right now I'm leaning toward one of the newer Samsung phones because I've never had an issue with them over the last 13 years. But I'm a bit interested in trying out a Google Pixel.

Does anyone here have any personal history with the Pixels? Are they unreliable or just as dependable as Galaxies and iPhones?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 phone that I've had since 2018. I'm kicking around the idea of upgrading to a new phone a few months down the road. My current phone isn't giving me any problems, just kind of interested in a getting a new toy.

Right now I'm leaning toward one of the newer Samsung phones because I've never had an issue with them over the last 13 years. But I'm a bit interested in trying out a Google Pixel.

Does anyone here have any personal history with the Pixels? Are they unreliable or just as dependable as Galaxies and iPhones?
Everyone I know who got a Pixel hated it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Does anyone know of any VPNs that don't require you to download software?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
last few days. unless, of course, you agree to pay them $15 a month.
Just checked a few different videos and Brave browser still seems to work with no ads.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I’m thoroughly enjoying YouTube TV. Picture is amazing. I was very skeptical of streaming high motion games like football but it’s been better than DirecTV on every level. Very impressive.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
YouTube banning ad blockers totally sucks balls.
Why did you bump a thread that was a decade old?

Thanks though. Just read through the first page and had some good laughs.

A fucking decade. We had funny shit that everyone was bragging on. Even @Smitty was talking about his fancy HDMI cables.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Why did you bump a thread that was a decade old?

Thanks though. Just read through the first page and had some good laughs.

A fucking decade. We had funny shit that everyone was bragging on. Even @Smitty was talking about his fancy HDMI cables.
Because a standalone thread for YouTube ad blockers sounded extreme.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
In “old is new again”. I got a Tablo system. It is a DVR and digital antenna. From where we live it gets 64 channels. Most of them are garbage but it gets the major networks and CW. We really only watch regular tv for football and isn’t worth paying $80 per month for that.

Top Bottom