Random Tech thread.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
While you're at it, see if you can figure out why this piece of shit goes through batteries like a meth whore's vibrator.
Remove all pr0n apps and you should see a significant increase in battery life.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
This is more of a data question but pretty urgent to me -

Do anyone know how to mine data from a PDF? I have document/estimate with 76,000 line items that contains certain line items that I need to pull out and put on a separate sheet. Ideally I would convert it to an spreadsheet and then filter the lines into a separate doc. Doing this manually would take days.

Any clue how I could do this? I'm even willing to pay for a service if needed.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is more of a data question but pretty urgent to me -

Do anyone know how to mine data from a PDF? I have document/estimate with 76,000 line items that contains certain line items that I need to pull out and put on a separate sheet. Ideally I would convert it to an spreadsheet and then filter the lines into a separate doc. Doing this manually would take days.

Any clue how I could do this? I'm even willing to pay for a service if needed.
You should be able to export it to Word if you have Acrobat Pro. Then you can grab those line items from that Word document.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You should be able to export it to Word if you have Acrobat Pro. Then you can grab those line items from that Word document.
Right but I can't filter the line items out. I would have to manually copy and paste. We are doing that right now. I have someone working on it and they are have take 3 days to pull out about 1/5 of the data.

Ideally I would need to filter it and grab the lines that we need.

Cotton

Staff member
Right but I can't filter the line items out. I would have to manually copy and paste. We are doing that right now. I have someone working on it and they are have take 3 days to pull out about 1/5 of the data.

Ideally I would need to filter it and grab the lines that we need.
Hmm, I have no idear.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
You should be ashamed that you let your pdf get so far out of hand.

Cotton

Staff member
I guess I'm an idiot, but how the hell do I get the function keys locked on this damn laptop? I have googled and read that you have to do it in bios, and then I have read to do it in Windows mobility center. Neither place had an option to change the function keys.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I guess I'm an idiot, but how the hell do I get the function keys locked on this damn laptop? I have googled and read that you have to do it in bios, and then I have read to do it in Windows mobility center. Neither place had an option to change the function keys.
Plant face on keyboard.

Roll face from side to side.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on this TV...seems like a damn good price for a QLED.

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/qled-4k-tvs/75-class-q6f-4k-smart-qled-tv-2018-qn75q6fnafxza/#q-picture
2 things the Q6 and Q7 are only a backlit TV and the LEDs are on the outer perimeter of the screen. THe Q8 and Q9s are fully backlit and on a TV that big that is something to consider. If I were spending that sort of money, I'd look at the OLED, Q8 or Q9. IMHO.

Top Bottom