Random Tech thread.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I have directvnow and get over 100 channels for $35 a month. But I got it when it first launched and locked that promotional price in. Don't think it is still that cheap.

dallen

Senior Tech
I have Playstation Vue. We get local channels in Houston, but it varies by region. I have about the same Internet speeds and I've never had a problem even if the kids are streaming Youtube or something

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have Playstation Vue. We get local channels in Houston, but it varies by region. I have about the same Internet speeds and I've never had a problem even if the kids are streaming Youtube or something
Yeah and like I said, you can do a free trial. So if you're thinking about Playstation Vue sign up for the trial and test it out. No harm in that.

D

Deuce

We are planning on making a switch to Vue or Sling as well. Our concern is dvr service. Not really wanting to buy one but I don't think I have a choice.

dallen

Senior Tech
We are planning on making a switch to Vue or Sling as well. Our concern is dvr service. Not really wanting to buy one but I don't think I have a choice.
Vue has DVR

Newt

DCC 4Life
Yeah, everything I've read says that Vue has cloud DVR, basically like on demand but you can fast forward through commercials if you set it to record. Also there isn't supposed to be any scheduling conflicts, so I guess you can record as many shows at a time as you want.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Do you have an antenna set up for anything else? I haven't had to use one since I became an adult and started paying for TV. My question would be if I have 4 TV's in my house can one antenna work for all 4? or would I need some type of amplifier or even another antenna?

dallen

Senior Tech
Do you have an antenna set up for anything else? I haven't had to use one since I became an adult and started paying for TV. My question would be if I have 4 TV's in my house can one antenna work for all 4? or would I need some type of amplifier or even another antenna?
I have one of these hooked up to each TV. You can get a single larger antenna and wire it to each TV but this is what worked for me. You can go to sites like this and put in your address and it will tell you what channels you will be able to pick up with different antennas.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Ultra-Thin-Indoor-Antenna/dp/B00X4RA74A/

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I just bought an LG. Hope it is worth the money.
I have a LG and it is worth the money. Got mine last year around this time and I did look at the OLED as well. Just thought the LG was more reasonably priced but happy with the TV.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm thinking about a QLED, it looks amazing and Samsung Tv's are usually great.
That's what I have, and I can tell you, it's like all your TV shows changed to 3D formatting. That's how much difference it makes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's what I have, and I can tell you, it's like all your TV shows changed to 3D formatting. That's how much difference it makes.
Yeah the picture is stellar. I was watching an Iowa game via an ESPN feed on my Galaxy S8 the other day and the picture is insane. Way better than any of my high def TVs. I was told it would look more like that.

vince

Not So New Member
Anyone have the iphone X, 8, or 8+? My carrier is offering some pretty good deals on those right now but wondering which to get? Read some articles on cnet.com but would still like to know the opinions of a non tech reviewer.

data

Forbes #1
I’m hankering to get some wireless headphones/earphones.

Im looking for in-ear, wireless (Bluetooth) with remote-inline that I can talk with, too. I like having the ear harness that hooks around the ear for a more secure fit.

Recommendations - Beats, Bose, Sennheiser, Jabril, JBL, etc?

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I like the Jaybirds. THey don't have the over the ear hooks, but they have a rubber hook for inside the ear. I've had them since the first version, but the X3's are great.

Top Bottom