Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commentary: Is it time for term limits on the Supreme Court?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Shocked I say, shocked!!!! I thought the claim was that women don't make this stuff up!
    Why are there not criminal charges being brought against this woman? There should be.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
      Kavanaugh Accuser Admits She Fabricated Allegations as a ‘Ploy’ for ‘Attention’
      The National Review The National Review•November 3, 2018

      A woman who made graphic allegations against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh has admitted to investigators that she fabricated them to “get attention.”

      Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley has referred Judy Munro-Leighton to the Justice Departement and FBI for investigation into potentially materially false statements and obstruction.

      “The Committee is grateful to citizens who come forward with relevant information in good faith, even if they are not one hundred percent sure about what they know,” Grassley wrote in his letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray and Attorney General Jeff Sessions. “But when individuals intentionally mislead the Committee, they divert Committee resources during time-sensitive investigations and materially impede our work.”

      On September 25, “Jane Doe” from Oceanside, California sent an anonymous letter to Senator Kamala Harris alleging that the then-nominee for Supreme Court and his friend raped her “several times each” in the back of a car. Details were sparse, such as the time frame and location of the alleged attack.

      “The whole thing is ridiculous,” Kavanaugh said when questioned the next day by committee investigators about the allegation. “The whole thing is just a crock, farce, wrong, didn’t happen, not anything close.”

      Later on October 3, Judy Munro-Leighton emailed the committee claiming to be the “Jane Doe” of the letter and said she was “sharing with you the story of the night that Brett Kavanaugh and his friend sexually assaulted and raped me in his car,” calling it a “vicious assault.”

      “I refuse to allow Donald J. Trump to use me or my story as an ugly chant at
      one of his Republican rallies,” Munro-Leighton wrote. “I know that Jane Doe will get no media attention, but I am deathly afraid of revealing any information about myself or my family.”

      Investigators located Munro-Leighton living in Kentucky, not California, and discovered that she is a left-wing activist decades older than Judge Kavanaugh.

      She admitted to investigators that her story was a “tactic” and “that was just a ploy.”

      “No, no, no. I did that as a way to grab attention,” she told investigators. “I am not Jane Doe . . . but I did read Jane Doe’s letter. I read the transcript of the call to your Committee. . . . I saw it online. It was news.”

      “I was angry, and I sent it out,” she said of her email to the committee describing the allegations.

      “Oh, Lord no,” she responded on whether she has ever met Kavanaugh.

      Kavanaugh was confirmed as Associate Justice on the Supreme Court on October 6. During his acrimonious confirmation process, multiple women came forward with accusations of sexual assault against him. Dr. Christine Blasey Ford testified to the Judiciary Committee that Kavanaugh pinned her to a bed and attempted to rape her at a party when they were both in high school.

      However, several on-the-fence senators, including Democrat Joe Manchin and Republican Susan Collins, sealed the slim majority in Kavanaugh’s favor with their votes to confirm him, citing a lack of hard evidence supporting the accusations against him.

      _________________

      Shocked I say, shocked!!!! I thought the claim was that women don't make this stuff up!
      Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
      Why are there not criminal charges being brought against this woman? There should be.
      Read it again
      2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
        Read it again
        I read it. They misspelled department. I’d like to see actual charges brought against her. This investigation will disappear into the wind.
        2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
          I read it. They misspelled department. I’d like to see actual charges brought against her. This investigation will disappear into the wind.
          Yep and you sure as shit won't hear about it on CNN

          Comment


          • #20
            They need to make an example out of this woman.

            If the #metoo movement sees they can go unpunished for making these types of baseless allegations, and nothing happens, what’s to stop anyone from falsely accusing people they want to bring down?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Sheik View Post
              They need to make an example out of this woman.

              If the #metoo movement sees they can go unpunished for making these types of baseless allegations, and nothing happens, what’s to stop anyone from falsely accusing people they want to bring down?
              Yep, been saying this for a long time now. Going back to the first part of the Ezekiel Elliot shit.
              2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                Yep, been saying this for a long time now. Going back to the first part of the Ezekiel Elliot shit.
                Think about how scary that is for a moment. A chick comes onto you, you refuse because you’re married, she tells everyone you groped her and attacked her, boom!, life as you know it changes.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Sheik View Post
                  Think about how scary that is for a moment. A chick comes onto you, you refuse because you’re married, she tells everyone you groped her and attacked her, boom!, life as you know it changes.
                  It's extremely scary, especially when you have the left running around encouraging it or even using it as a tool.
                  2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Life expectancy was shorter than by modern standards in the 18th century. Some like Washington, Jefferson, etc lived longer but they were well to do people, many of the founders were.

                    I don't think there should be term limits but there should be a retirement age with Ginsburg as the prime example. Breyer is getting up there too but Clarence Thomas is a pup compared to Ginsburg. Watching her doze off over the years has gotten pathetic and in most cases, you reach a point where your mind is not as sharp as it was when you were younger. Maybe an age limit of 70, 75, something like that.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Sheik View Post
                      Think about how scary that is for a moment. A chick comes onto you, you refuse because you’re married, she tells everyone you groped her and attacked her, boom!, life as you know it changes.
                      OU fans know that last year, some girl accused their star running back of rape, or at least sexual assault/unwanted touching. Teammates were shocked because they said this guy had an unimpeachable character.

                      Turns out she totally lied -- she admitted she accused him of it after he turned her down, and she decided to ruin him. It almost cost him playing in the Rose Bowl where he ran all over Georgia's excellent run defense.

                      But yeah, if you automatically accept these claims at face value simply because they come from a female, good people's lives are going to be ruined with basically no recourse. Can't think of many things more wrong than that.
                      2014=2009, 2015=2010?

                      The Garrett Song

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
                        OU fans know that last year, some girl accused their star running back of rape, or at least sexual assault/unwanted touching. Teammates were shocked because they said this guy had an unimpeachable character.

                        Turns out she totally lied -- she admitted she accused him of it after he turned her down, and she decided to ruin him. It almost cost him playing in the Rose Bowl where he ran all over Georgia's excellent run defense.

                        But yeah, if you automatically accept these claims at face value simply because they come from a female, good people's lives are going to be ruined with basically no recourse. Can't think of many things more wrong than that.
                        To me, it's beyond ridiculous that someone can come out of the woodwork and throw out a baseless claim of inappropriate behavior, or the worst- rape- and the accused doesn't have a chance in hell of even making a statement before his entire life is ruined. If the alleged incident is 20 or 30 years old, its even worse.

                        I seriously don't know where the hell this started, or how its been allowed to spread like a fucking virus across all segments of society.

                        Rape, or any type of unwanted contact is wrong on any level...but holy shit, where has the "innocent until proven guilty" way of law gone to?

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X