Justices side with Colorado baker on same-sex wedding cake

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You can't take people serious if they are trying to use these "no whites zones"...

lol, I mean, that'll bring us all together, right?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

Fight racism with more racism. Yeah that will probably work. Are people really this dumb?
They are not dumb, cracka. Don't you know racism is a blacks only thing?

It sometimes spreads to Latinos or Asians, but rarely.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He wasn't advocating that people do that. He was advocating for an individuals ability to choose who they do services for. Which is why he went on to talk about communities not supporting businesses who refuse to serve people based on race and them ultimately going out of business as a result.

I guess it's easiest to pick a few words and place them out of context though.
Yep.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Hold up, I was told that if you are racist then you must be a Republican. Huh.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
An East Tennessee hardware store owner decided to express his beliefs following the Supreme Court's ruling allowing same-sex marriage by putting up a sign that reads, "No Gays Allowed."

Jeff Amyx, who owns Amyx Hardware & Roofing Supplies in Grainger County, Tennessee., about an hour outside of Knoxville, added the "No Gays Allowed" sign on Monday, because gay and lesbian couples are against his religion.

Amyx, who is also a baptist minister, said he realized Monday morning that LGBT people are not afraid to stand for what they believe in. He said it showed him that Christian people should be brave enough to stand for what they believe in.

"They gladly stand for what they believe in, why can't I? They believe their way is right, I believe it's wrong. But yet I'm going to take more persecution than them because I'm standing for what I believe in," Amyx said.

On Tuesday, Amyx removed the "No Gays allowed" sign and replaced it with a sign that says: "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who would violate our rights of freedom of speech & freedom of religion."
Good thing the decision definitely didn’t allow for this type of behavior.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
And like the article asked: And if the community doesn’t put them out of business?

What then?

What happens to the minorities that live in that community or ones just passing through? Tough shit? Personal liberty and all?
What is the exact harm if one bakery out of 20 in a community doesn’t serve minoroties?

The default state of our society should be minimum laws with laws only bring passed to correct problems. We don’t need laws to force everyone to adhere to the same moral code.

If enough stores stopped serving minorities then they would pass a law to target that problem. But if one kook wants to turn away business, that is his prerogative and it’s not harming anyone even if that one store continues to exist.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
But the trend of our society is towards inclusiveness and not away from it, so this hand wringing about a return to the old oppressive days is misplaced, and is a cloak for thought control rather than equality.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
But the trend of our society is towards inclusiveness and not away from it, so this hand wringing about a return to the old oppressive days is misplaced, and is a cloak for thought control rather than equality.
As if we will somehow slide up the slippery slope.

It went from, "Why do you care what happens in my bedroom?" to, "You MUST participate in my wedding celebration," in a matter of years. But this decision is somehow going to lead to mass persecution.

OK.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

It went from, "Why do you care what happens in my bedroom?" to, "You MUST participate in my wedding celebration," in a matter of years. But this decision is somehow going to lead to mass persecution.

OK.
Well frankly that is always what gay rights has been about in some circles. They don’t want tolerance, they want mandated appreciation.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

OK.
Well frankly that is always what gay rights has been about in some circles. They don’t want tolerance, they want mandated appreciation.
Well, that is definitely the crux of the entire thing. This is not about rights, it is about culture. Rights and freedom isn't about everyone owing you things, it is about you having the self governance to control your own destiny without interference. We all have the freedom to not participate in the desires of others. I cannot fathom how we have come to the point that we have truly began to demand that the government rule over us.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, that is definitely the crux of the entire thing. This is not about rights, it is about culture. Rights and freedom isn't about everyone owing you things, it is about you having the self governance to control your own destiny without interference. We all have the freedom to not participate in the desires of others. I cannot fathom how we have come to the point that we have truly began to demand that the government rule over us.
Yeah we aren't even talking about freedom to do or not do something. You're talking about actively forcing someone to perform a service. Any time the government wants to do that it deserves the highest of scrutiny. And no homosexuality isn't a protected class the same way that race is a protected class. And no I don't believe it should be.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What is the exact harm if one bakery out of 20 in a community doesn’t serve minoroties?

The default state of our society should be minimum laws with laws only bring passed to correct problems. We don’t need laws to force everyone to adhere to the same moral code.

If enough stores stopped serving minorities then they would pass a law to target that problem. But if one kook wants to turn away business, that is his prerogative and it’s not harming anyone even if that one store continues to exist.
The market will. bear. itself. out.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Yeah we aren't even talking about freedom to do or not do something. You're talking about actively forcing someone to perform a service. Any time the government wants to do that it deserves the highest of scrutiny. And no homosexuality isn't a protected class the same way that race is a protected class. And no I don't believe it should be.
You clearly hate gays.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Considering that they didn’t address that at all, I am sure that someone will try to use this ruling as a way to not serve LGBT
They didn't have to address it. The bakery had serviced that couple before and had no issue with it. They created the problem when they asked them for a wedding cake. The baker refused to do that since supporting a gay wedding would have been against his beliefs. Solution should have been for them to go elsewhere, but no, they had to create a legal case. It exactly flows with the ridiculous examples Schmitty gave. NO leftist would ever challenge the Muslims on not making a Jewish wedding cake would they?

shane

DCC 4Life
Turns out the Christian right was right about the "gay rights" movement all along. It was all about getting society to worship degeneracy. Now we have three year old trannies and child drag queens on our way to full-blown pedophilia being mainstreamed next. Absolutely disgusting.

These Christian bakers are heroes. SCOTUS should have delivered a stronger ruling in favor of their religious liberty and property rights.

Top Bottom