GOP congressman asks if rocks are causing sea levels to rise

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't doubt global warming. I think it's pretty evident. What is up for debate is why the earth is warming.
And whether a bunch of new regulations like carbon taxes would even make any difference.

Anyway... without quoting posts, it's amazing how often our left friends do exactly what they accuse the right of doing. It's all over these threads.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And whether a bunch of new regulations like carbon taxes would even make any difference.

Anyway... without quoting posts, it's amazing how often our left friends do exactly what they accuse the right of doing. It's all over these threads.
Most of the stuff the left pushes to "help" the environment serves no purpose but to make themselves look better and to be able to brag to their friends about ho much good they are doing. Did you know the carbon emission of a gas powered vehicle is the same as electric over the life of a vehicle? The production of batteries plus the electricity brought in from a coal powered plant evens it all out. They aren't doing good. They are just making themselves feel better.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most of the stuff the left pushes to "help" the environment serves no purpose but to make themselves look better and to be able to brag to their friends about ho much good they are doing. Did you know the carbon emission of a gas powered vehicle is the same as electric over the life of a vehicle? The production of batteries plus the electricity brought in from a coal powered plant evens it all out. They aren't doing good. They are just making themselves feel better.
Just different special interest groups paying both sides.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Humans will be able to fix global warming just as soon as they figure out unlimited energy from fusion.

We can suck the carbon out of the air. It’s just too expensive due to energy needs. We can deflect incoming sun rays, if we can just manufacture the equipment cheaply enough. All these issues are definitely fixable with more technology and more capitalism, not less.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Ah, fusion.....

I'd like to be the one to get that right.

I'd donate more to the board.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

I don't even know what you're talking about. As for regulations not working, you do realize air quality used to bemuch worse until regulations forced automakers to put catalytic converters on all the cars. Got to Mexico or China and see what the air is like. They don't use them. In China they fucking wear masks when they walk outside the air is so bad. Also, we passed regulations on CFCs because of the hole is the ozone layer. As a result of the entire world passing the ban on CFCs, the hole in the ozone layer has actually shrunk.
"The Earth's ozone hole is shrinking and is the smallest it has been since 1988"

So, people are capable of making changes and regulations can work. At some point, though, folks like you who aren't stupid need to start to care about the problem. This whole "the earth is warming, we just don't know it's people" is a pathetic dodge. This is known you just want to argue it because you think this is a liberal issue. It's not. This affects all of us.

Every member of Congress knows about global warming. Some of them just lie about it. Additionally, Fox News also pushes lies about it. It isn't a matter of respectful difference in opinion. It is willful lying...and yes it's the oil & gas money.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I really find it amazing that that there are millions of idiots that actually think polluting the air and water is worth it for more MONEY.

And there are guys like the cunt in WV, Don Blankenship, who's company fucking destroyed the drinking water in the community where he lived so he had a clean, private supply pumped directly to his house.

That is a special kind of evil.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't even know what you're talking about. As for regulations not working, you do realize air quality used to bemuch worse until regulations forced automakers to put catalytic converters on all the cars. Got to Mexico or China and see what the air is like. They don't use them. In China they fucking wear masks when they walk outside the air is so bad. Also, we passed regulations on CFCs because of the hole is the ozone layer. As a result of the entire world passing the ban on CFCs, the hole in the ozone layer has actually shrunk.
"The Earth's ozone hole is shrinking and is the smallest it has been since 1988"

So, people are capable of making changes and regulations can work. At some point, though, folks like you who aren't stupid need to start to care about the problem. This whole "the earth is warming, we just don't know it's people" is a pathetic dodge. This is known you just want to argue it because you think this is a liberal issue. It's not. This affects all of us.

Every member of Congress knows about global warming. Some of them just lie about it. Additionally, Fox News also pushes lies about it. It isn't a matter of respectful difference in opinion. It is willful lying...and yes it's the oil & gas money.
I never said any and all regulations are worthless. Where did you get that? I was talking specifically about things like carbon taxes making a material difference in slowing the warming process.

shane

DCC 4Life
The way Trump has shit on the environmental movement has been one of the best things about our Presidency.

We need coal jobs to make America great again. Carbon taxes for globalists aren't apart of that agenda.

Top Bottom