Armed Rent a Cop Stops School Shooting, in most obvious headline ever

Smitty

DCC 4Life
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/police-officer-confronts-armed-man-illinois-high-school-142703469--abc-news-topstories.html

'Heroic' resource officer hailed for stopping armed teen at high school, saving lives

An Illinois school resource officer stopped an armed teenager at a high school this morning, according to the local police chief, who applauded the officer for saving "countless" lives.

When the 19-year-old suspect fired several shots this morning near a gym at Dixon High School, the school resource officer reported the incident to authorities and then confronted the gunman, Dixon police chief Steven Howell said at a news conference.

When confronted, the suspect started running away, and the officer pursued him, Howell said. The suspect shot several rounds at the officer, and the officer then returned fire, hitting the gunman, the chief added.

The suspect was taken into custody with what's believed to be non-life-threatening injuries, police said.

No students or staff were injured but the high school and all other schools in the district were placed on lockdown, Dixon City Manager Danny Langloss said in a statement.

The police chief did not name the suspect but said he is a former student at Dixon High School, which is about 100 miles west of Chicago.

Dixon police believe the suspect acted alone and that there is no further threat to the safety of students or staff, Langloss added.

Howell said he “could not be more proud” of the officer who ran toward the suspect and said his “heroic actions” saved "countless" lives.

The officer, whose name was not released by police, is on paid administrative leave, per policy, police said.

Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner identified the officer as Mark Dallas, writing on Twitter, "We should all be very thankful to school resource officer Mark Dallas for his bravery and quick action to immediately diffuse a dangerous situation."

Smitty

DCC 4Life
But..... but..... guns in schools by armed staff make our students less safe, or something.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/police-officer-confronts-armed-man-illinois-high-school-142703469--abc-news-topstories.html

'Heroic' resource officer hailed for stopping armed teen at high school, saving lives

An Illinois school resource officer stopped an armed teenager at a high school this morning, according to the local police chief, who applauded the officer for saving "countless" lives.

When the 19-year-old suspect fired several shots this morning near a gym at Dixon High School, the school resource officer reported the incident to authorities and then confronted the gunman, Dixon police chief Steven Howell said at a news conference.

When confronted, the suspect started running away, and the officer pursued him, Howell said. The suspect shot several rounds at the officer, and the officer then returned fire, hitting the gunman, the chief added.

The suspect was taken into custody with what's believed to be non-life-threatening injuries, police said.

No students or staff were injured but the high school and all other schools in the district were placed on lockdown, Dixon City Manager Danny Langloss said in a statement.

The police chief did not name the suspect but said he is a former student at Dixon High School, which is about 100 miles west of Chicago.

Dixon police believe the suspect acted alone and that there is no further threat to the safety of students or staff, Langloss added.

Howell said he “could not be more proud” of the officer who ran toward the suspect and said his “heroic actions” saved "countless" lives.

The officer, whose name was not released by police, is on paid administrative leave, per policy, police said.

Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner identified the officer as Mark Dallas, writing on Twitter, "We should all be very thankful to school resource officer Mark Dallas for his bravery and quick action to immediately diffuse a dangerous situation."
:towel

Newt

DCC 4Life
Mark Dallas: Rent-a-Cop

Somebody get started on the movie script.

Newt

DCC 4Life
For the record, I am 100% for putting armed "rent-a-cops" at every school.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
But..... but..... guns in schools by armed staff make our students less safe, or something.
Most people don't have a problem with armed professionals protecting our children.

It is when you get into the ludicrous idea of arming amateurs, like teachers, to do so that there is a problem.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Most people don't have a problem with armed professionals protecting our children.

It is when you get into the ludicrous idea of arming amateurs, like teachers, to do so that there is a problem.
I'm not referring to you then, but the argument that guns will make our students less safe -- even in the hands of guards -- is widely propagated and hilariously false.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Armed professionals. You know, like those racist pig police officers we can't trust.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Armed professionals. You know, like those racist pig police officers we can't trust.
Does this look like someone who's gonna defeat a wily, in-shape school shooter? Blows my mind that they can let themselves go and still keep their job. Thanks, unions!

Newt

DCC 4Life

While I don't believe all teachers should be armed, I do think there are some teachers more than capable of taking on that responsibility.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
While I don't believe all teachers should be armed, I do think there are some teachers more than capable of taking on that responsibility.
No doubt. That doesn't mean they should.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Absolutely. If a teacher wants to take the training required, then by all means. Let them. If a teacher decides they'd rather not, then that's fine too.

It's a crooked talking point for the left when they mention this like every teacher would be required to do it.

Top Bottom