California's economy is now the 5th-biggest in the world, and has overtaken the United Kingdom

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
One thing I've notice while being all around the country this year is that there are a bunch of judgmental assholes living in cities. There are a bunch of dicks in places like California, Denver and so forth. According to these people Texans aren't capable of tying their own shoes.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
One thing I've notice while being all around the country this year is that there are a bunch of judgmental assholes living in cities. There are a bunch of dicks in places like California, Denver and so forth. According to these people Texans aren't capable of tying their own shoes.
And, are normally shocked when they realize they were wrong.

Cotton

Staff member
The nice things about California are better, cheaper, and closer to you elsewhere. There’s not much that Cali is the best at. What compelled you to visit Cali — Was it a specific restaurant, landmark, event? Maybe Star Tours of Hollywood Homes?

Live here and you have proximity to decent quality of many things. But visiting here seems like a waste because if you’re gonna pay money to travel, there are better, closer and cheaper places elsewhere...and you don’t have to put up with human feces.
The one thing I wanted to see in CA was Alcatraz. I have now seen it. I can't thing of any other reason for me to go back.

Cotton

Staff member
Tell [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] to stop traveling to his transportation conventions then.
I will have you know that I serve on the National Board for that association.

Token Texan? :unsure

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The nice things about California are better, cheaper, and closer to you elsewhere. There’s not much that Cali is the best at. What compelled you to visit Cali — Was it a specific restaurant, landmark, event? Maybe Star Tours of Hollywood Homes?

Live here and you have proximity to decent quality of many things. But visiting here seems like a waste because if you’re gonna pay money to travel, there are better, closer and cheaper places elsewhere...and you don’t have to put up with human feces.
I have visited 3 separate times. Once for a church convention in LA, once to San Diego to take my 12 year old daughter for a plane right and once to San Jose/Santa Cruz/Aptos area.

LA was neat to see at least once but it got old quickly. I really enjoyed being in Santa Cruz...the weather and view was super nice. San Diego was a lot of fun too. My daughter was so excited to be on a plane and see different things. We spent about 6-7 hours at the San Diego zoo and she loved it. I enjoy different weather, people watching and the topography. I am not really into Disney and stuff like that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Los Angeles smartly secured legal rights to water access in the North. What can the North do about it? Colorado River water is a different story and the rise of Phoenix and surrounding areas exacerbated the water supply issue.

Prop 13 combined with fractured city vs suburban governance to maintain infrastructure seems to be the main scapegoats for the genesis of budget problems. High cost of housing may be a good thing as residential taxes aren’t enough to sustain the needed services and infrastructure.

Oh well, with all the news of people fleeing California, it should be a ghost town around here shortly.

Why does your wife’s family stay in California? Seems like there aren’t any redeeming reasons to stay. No water, beaches are polluted, high living costs, human feces, excessive taxation, strict gun rules, gay marriage, illegals, the 49ers, social liberalism and too much ethnic influence (non-assimilation), no Whataburgers...and the gold is gone. You could ask if they’re miserable, masochists or both.

The human feces woman. So miserable, yet she stays...for a job that can only be in California? Get a different job then. It’s like those that stayed behind when Katrina evacuations were ordered and they died/suffered.

I blame the hippies.
My wife’s family stays in California because they think it is superior to everywhere else. It’s an accepted hypotheses to them but the truth is they are too closed minded to explore the rest of the country.

They rarely leave the state because they say they can do everything there so why look elsewhere. This just fortifies their position. In truth however I dare say from a personal economic standpoint point there are many places in the US where they can raise their living standard significantly with a much finer house and job opportunities and actually pay less.

I have traveled the country a lot during my working status and found there are trade offs in every sector of the continental USA. Folks in California seem to have a mind set of they are significantly up the totem pole just being in the state.

It’s not a matter of trying to convince them otherwise, it a matter of accepting the circumstance that they are perfectly fine with higher living cost and excessive taxation, etc. just to say they live in California. That’s fine with me but their bubble may break at some point in the foreseeable future. Several towns and suburbs have already filed bankruptcy.

Cotton

Staff member
Never heard of that term, but look around you next gathering. If you don’t see anyone with a handicap, you might be a token alright, just not a Texan one.
You sonofa...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Appeal of city-living is further baffling with the proliferation of online shopping/internet and telecommuting. Back in the day, you couldn’t get stuff unless you made a trip to the city. Cool, I get it. You like fancy shit.

We’re close to the day where a drone can drop whatever you want on your doorstep same day.

Yet, American population continues to concentrate in urban areas. Public schools are so shitty here and private schools are an egregious ~$20k/year per kid. I don’t know what I’m going to do.
I think a lot of it has to do with jobs and entertainment. And more so commuting. People want to be able to walk out their door step and be where everything is happening. Plus no one wants an hour commute to get to work. Hell dealing in the industry I do some people don't have the drivers license to thrive in areas where they have to actually drive a car to work. Big cities are handy for those who still use some form of public transportation. Although it baffles my mind that someone with little to no money would continue to try and live in areas where renting or owning a place to live is so expensive. But generally speaking people are dumb and bad with money.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Phil, when everyone in your neighborhood is gone and they are desperate to sell a house because people are fleeing Cali in droves, let me know.

I'm gonna move in.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Phil, when everyone in your neighborhood is gone and they are desperate to sell a house because people are fleeing Cali in droves, let me know.

I'm gonna move in.
That'll be the day...

In the end weather sells.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

I'm gonna move in.
If that happens I’m going to quit the internet. You will be so miserable if that happens.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
In other words, vote Republican.....the party that CARES ABOUT THE PEOPLE! :rofl.
The ones that actually cares about the citizens of this country dude. Find me a Democrat that still loves this country and it's citizens over other country's citizens and we can discuss that one. Dems don't give a rats ass about people, they care about dependency, power and votes. They bait you with the we care and we will give you all the free shit you want and that's why morons like you lap at their ballsacks.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The ones that actually cares about the citizens of this country dude. Find me a Democrat that still loves this country and it's citizens over other country's citizens and we can discuss that one. Dems don't give a rats ass about people, they care about dependency, power and votes. They bait you with the we care and we will give you all the free shit you want and that's why morons like you lap at their ballsacks.
Sean Hannity called.

He wants his shtick back.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Appeal of city-living is further baffling with the proliferation of online shopping/internet and telecommuting. Back in the day, you couldn’t get stuff unless you made a trip to the city. Cool, I get it. You like fancy shit.

We’re close to the day where a drone can drop whatever you want on your doorstep same day.

Yet, American population continues to concentrate in urban areas. Public schools are so shitty here and private schools are an egregious ~$20k/year per kid. I don’t know what I’m going to do.
Welcome to Texas my brother!!!!!!!!

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Sean Hannity called.

He wants his shtick back.
Rachel Madcow called, She's wants you on her show so you can cry about the President together for the next 6 plus years. She actually likes your memes and may turn straight because of them/.

Top Bottom