Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California's economy is now the 5th-biggest in the world, and has overtaken the United Kingdom

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdom View Post
    Appeal of city-living is further baffling with the proliferation of online shopping/internet and telecommuting. Back in the day, you couldn’t get stuff unless you made a trip to the city. Cool, I get it. You like fancy shit.

We’re close to the day where a drone can drop whatever you want on your doorstep same day.

Yet, American population continues to concentrate in urban areas. Public schools are so shitty here and private schools are an egregious ~$20k/year per kid. I don’t know what I’m going to do.
    I think a lot of it has to do with jobs and entertainment. And more so commuting. People want to be able to walk out their door step and be where everything is happening. Plus no one wants an hour commute to get to work. Hell dealing in the industry I do some people don't have the drivers license to thrive in areas where they have to actually drive a car to work. Big cities are handy for those who still use some form of public transportation. Although it baffles my mind that someone with little to no money would continue to try and live in areas where renting or owning a place to live is so expensive. But generally speaking people are dumb and bad with money.

Comment

Phil, when everyone in your neighborhood is gone and they are desperate to sell a house because people are fleeing Cali in droves, let me know.

I'm gonna move in.

Comment

Originally posted by BipolarFan View Post
        Phil, when everyone in your neighborhood is gone and they are desperate to sell a house because people are fleeing Cali in droves, let me know.

I'm gonna move in.
        That'll be the day...

In the end weather sells.
        2018 Pickem Champion

Comment

I'm gonna move in.
          If that happens I’m going to quit the internet. You will be so miserable if that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by skidadl View Post
            If that happens I’m going to quit the internet. You will be so miserable if that happens.
            Phil and I are going to remake the future desolate California in our own image.

Comment

In other words, vote Republican.....the party that CARES ABOUT THE PEOPLE! .
              The ones that actually cares about the citizens of this country dude. Find me a Democrat that still loves this country and it's citizens over other country's citizens and we can discuss that one. Dems don't give a rats ass about people, they care about dependency, power and votes. They bait you with the we care and we will give you all the free shit you want and that's why morons like you lap at their ballsacks.

Comment

I like being able to hear neighbors.
                I've got 13 acres so I can hide from neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by fortsbest View Post
                  The ones that actually cares about the citizens of this country dude. Find me a Democrat that still loves this country and it's citizens over other country's citizens and we can discuss that one. Dems don't give a rats ass about people, they care about dependency, power and votes. They bait you with the we care and we will give you all the free shit you want and that's why morons like you lap at their ballsacks.
                  Sean Hannity called.

He wants his shtick back.

Comment

Appeal of city-living is further baffling with the proliferation of online shopping/internet and telecommuting. Back in the day, you couldn’t get stuff unless you made a trip to the city. Cool, I get it. You like fancy shit.

We’re close to the day where a drone can drop whatever you want on your doorstep same day.

Yet, American population continues to concentrate in urban areas. Public schools are so shitty here and private schools are an egregious ~$20k/year per kid. I don’t know what I’m going to do.
                    Welcome to Texas my brother!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fortsbest View Post
                      I've got 13 acres so I can hide from neighbors.
                      2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Sean Hannity called.

He wants his shtick back.
                        Rachel Madcow called, She's wants you on her show so you can cry about the President together for the next 6 plus years. She actually likes your memes and may turn straight because of them/.

Comment

Texas produces twice the amount of renewable energy than California for half of the cost.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckde.../#1397de711b86

Comment

Originally posted by skidadl View Post
                            Texas produces twice the amount of renewable energy than California for half of the cost.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckde.../#1397de711b86
                            Texas is also leading the way in renewable energy research. Oh, it's also leading the way in AV research, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                              Texas is also leading the way in renewable energy research. Oh, it's also leading the way in AV research, as well.
                              California has always put energy production on heavy restrictions. They have capabilities of producing much more petroleum but have opted to go with energy production via turbine generators which is extremely expensive and sometimes taken off line because of perceived clean air issues.
                              Since Day One

Comment

Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post
                                California has always put energy production on heavy restrictions. They have capabilities of producing much more petroleum but have opted to go with energy production via turbine generators which is extremely expensive and sometimes taken off line because of perceived clean air issues.
                                I hate to break it to these tree hugging hippies, but it is just as bad for the environment to produce electricity as it is to burn gas.

Comment

Working...
                                X