California's economy is now the 5th-biggest in the world, and has overtaken the United Kingdom

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Texas is also leading the way in renewable energy research. Oh, it's also leading the way in AV research, as well.
California has always put energy production on heavy restrictions. They have capabilities of producing much more petroleum but have opted to go with energy production via turbine generators which is extremely expensive and sometimes taken off line because of perceived clean air issues.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
California has always put energy production on heavy restrictions. They have capabilities of producing much more petroleum but have opted to go with energy production via turbine generators which is extremely expensive and sometimes taken off line because of perceived clean air issues.
I hate to break it to these tree hugging hippies, but it is just as bad for the environment to produce electricity as it is to burn gas.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I hate to break it to these tree hugging hippies, but it is just as bad for the environment to produce electricity as it is to burn gas.
I know. This logic is why the mind set of the West Coast is screwed on backwards. The are inclined by clean air standards but will push the envelope to the limits to create the perception that they are out in front of the pack.

Top Bottom