At least 50 dead, more than 400 injured after shooting on Las Vegas Strip

data

Forbes #1
Makes you wonder if you shouldn't buy bulletproof vests for your family when going to mass public events.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just found out that one of our students here at Tech was shot twice. I'm not sure of his condition, but my understanding is he is still alive.
Just got confirmation he is still alive and family says he is doing well. Thank goodness.

Cotton

Staff member
Makes you wonder if you shouldn't buy bulletproof vests for your family when going to mass public events.
It's a sad state that we are in that we even have to think things like this.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Guy who did this is a fucking terrorist no matter what other fucking label he has or want to give him.

Cotton

Staff member

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I seriously doubted his ties to ISIS.

Screamed of a defeated gang trying to stay relevant.

Cotton

Staff member
It's being reported now that the smoke detector went off in this asshole's room from all the gun smoke. That is how the police located him. Just imagine, had he disabled the smoke detector, this could have been even worse.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
ISIS takes credit for lots of shit they didn't do, so their statement is worthless. Unusual for a retired white collar professional to go postal like this.

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I've stopped going to as many public events as I used to because of attacks like today's. I've even started making sure that I walk facing traffic and with no headphones in just in case another nut decides to drive a vehicle through a crowd.

Even though I've never been in situations like that, if I had to try to describe it, I'd say it feels like I have a mild case of PTSD.

Just knowing that this could happen anywhere is what sucks. Back in the good old days all you had to do was avoid certain areas of town and you at least felt safe. These days you can't go to school, church, the movies, sporting events, etc. without having to look over your shoulder.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
I've stopped going to as many public events as I used to because of attacks like today's. I've even started making sure that I walk facing traffic and with no headphones in just in case another nut decides to drive a vehicle through a crowd.

Even though I've never been in situations like that, if I had to try to describe it, I'd say it feels like I have a mild case of PTSD.

Just knowing that this could happen anywhere is what sucks. Back in the good old days all you had to do was avoid certain areas of town and you at least felt safe. These days you can't go to school, church, the movies, sporting events, etc. without having to look over your shoulder.
It pisses me off. And, I don't know what the answer is.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
In one video I saw, you could hear a couple of bursts that sounded like an automatic followed by a lot of single shots. I read he had one automatic with more than one magazine and another nine or ten rifles but it will be awhile before we really know what he was armed with. The crowd panicked and bunched together so even after the automatic was spent, it was probably like ducks in a barrel. He wouldn't even have to be skilled to do a lot of damage.

As an aside, how in the blue hell did this motherfucker get all that firepower through hotel security? It doesn't really matter at this point but these places need to start reviewing their security protocols.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Oh and prayers out to anyone with family or friends affected by this travesty.

I don't want to hear about him being crazy either since he offed himself before law enforcement could get to him. This SOB knew exactly what he was doing.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
In one video I saw, you could hear a couple of bursts that sounded like an automatic followed by a lot of single shots. I read he had one automatic with more than one magazine and another nine or ten rifles but it will be awhile before we really know what he was armed with. The crowd panicked and bunched together so even after the automatic was spent, it was probably like ducks in a barrel. He wouldn't even have to be skilled to do a lot of damage.

As an aside, how in the blue hell did this motherfucker get all that firepower through hotel security? It doesn't really matter at this point but these places need to start reviewing their security protocols.
?

Anyone can take suitcases into a hotel without arousing any suspicion and without the suitcases being inspected by anyone to verify that they don’t contain a large supply of weapons and ammo.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

What hotel security? I've never had to go through security to check into a hotel.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Don't travel much, do you?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Don't they at least have metal detectors? Hey, I don't know because I haven't stayed at a hotel since '92 before the WTC bombing.

Top Bottom