At least 50 dead, more than 400 injured after shooting on Las Vegas Strip

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Don't they at least have metal detectors? Hey, I don't know because I haven't stayed at a hotel since '92 before the WTC bombing.
No, they don't have metal detectors. There would be no way for hotel staff to know if anyone brings in a gun.

Cotton

Staff member
CBS Exec Fired for ‘Deeply Unacceptable’ Post About ‘Republican Gun Toters’ After Vegas Shooting
Ryan Gajewski | October 2, 2017 @ 11:26 AM

CBS has fired the network’s legal executive who wrote in a social media that she is “not even sympathetic” to victims of Sunday’s Las Vegas shooting, referring to country music fans as “Republican gun toters.”

Hayley Geftman-Gold, who served as senior counsel for strategic transactions at CBS, wrote, “If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that Repugs will ever do the right thing. I’m actually not even sympathetic bc country music fans often are Republican gun toters.”

CBS’ response is below:

“This individual, who was with us for approximately one year, violated the standards of our company and is no longer an employee of CBS. Her views as expressed on social media are deeply unacceptable to all of us at CBS. Our hearts go out to the victims in Las Vegas and their families.”

Cotton

Staff member

BipolarFuk

Demoted
CBS Exec Fired for ‘Deeply Unacceptable’ Post About ‘Republican Gun Toters’ After Vegas Shooting

CBS has fired the network’s legal executive who wrote in a social media that she is “not even sympathetic” to victims of Sunday’s Las Vegas shooting, referring to country music fans as “Republican gun toters.”

Hayley Geftman-Gold, who served as senior counsel for strategic transactions at CBS, wrote, “If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that Repugs will ever do the right thing. I’m actually not even sympathetic bc country music fans often are Republican gun toters.”

CBS’ response is below:

“This individual, who was with us for approximately one year, violated the standards of our company and is no longer an employee of CBS. Her views as expressed on social media are deeply unacceptable to all of us at CBS. Our hearts go out to the victims in Las Vegas and their families.”
Good grief.

Cotton

Staff member

DLK150

DCC 4Life

CBS’ response is below:

So fucked up, how the hell can you politicize a tragedy like this? CBS doesn't exactly lean right so props to them for giving this stupid bitch the ax.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
WTF is up with people celebrating this shit because of politics? It boggles the damn mind.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
In one video I saw, you could hear a couple of bursts that sounded like an automatic followed by a lot of single shots. I read he had one automatic with more than one magazine and another nine or ten rifles but it will be awhile before we really know what he was armed with. The crowd panicked and bunched together so even after the automatic was spent, it was probably like ducks in a barrel. He wouldn't even have to be skilled to do a lot of damage.

As an aside, how in the blue hell did this motherfucker get all that firepower through hotel security? It doesn't really matter at this point but these places need to start reviewing their security protocols.
I have been to several hotels in Vegas and I am unaware that they have security to the extent that bags are scanned or screened.. it would be very easy to take things to your room after you checked in.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

CBS’ response is below:

Very telling of left wing individuals who think they are superior and that being aligned with left wing political views is more important than human lives.

Rock Slamdance

DCC 4Life
Very telling of left wing individuals who think they are superior and that being aligned with left wing political views is more important than human lives.
I wouldn't even say left wing ideology. This is just a shitty person. Shit people transcend political leaning.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Can they not find another picture of this shooter? The only one they keep showing is the one with his eyes closed.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I wouldn't even say left wing ideology. This is just a shitty person. Shit people transcend political leaning.
Based on her specific reference to Republicans and country music fans, she was obviousl feeling superior in her political position.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's crazy. There is literally nothing about this guy that would indicate he would do this.

If not for the stockpiling at his house, I would almost believe he had been set up.

Next question: If he was planning it for this long, how did his girlfriend not know? She lived with him and they've already cleared her.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's crazy. There is literally nothing about this guy that would indicate he would do this.

If not for the stockpiling at his house, I would almost believe he had been set up.

Next question: If he was planning it for this long, how did his girlfriend not know? She lived with him and they've already cleared her.
They still want to talk to her, she seems cleared as far as being involved but there are still many questions remaining I'm sure.

Cotton

Staff member

Scary, isn't it?

Top Bottom