Feel good thread...

DLK150

DCC 4Life
[h=1]No idea why it pasted in huge, bold letters but anyway...

Former Cowboys players grant wish for Forth Worth cancer patient
NFL players have an incredible platform where they can give back to their communities and people who need help or encouragement. A former Cowboys tight end decided to grant a little boy's Christmas wish, and it's one of the more heartwarming stories you will hear this holiday season.

Jonah-Eli Haydon is a 7-year old boy who is battling stage 4 cancer at Cook Children's Medical Center in Fort Worth, TX. Since he is a huge Cowboys and TCU sports fan, his mother, Randi Haydon, decided to make a Facebook post in hopes that they could deliver him a special Christmas gift, according to WFAA.com.

"His only request is for anything #DallasCowboys or #TCU sports related. Can anyone help getting athletes or mascots to visit..." the post read.

The request made its rounds on social media, and sure enough it eventually found someone who could help with this special Christmas gift.

"I saw the story and I was just like, oh my gosh," said Amy Novacek, wife of former Dallas Cowboys tight end Jay Novacek. "I mean, his one wish was to meet a Dallas Cowboy. Well, for us that's easy, right?"

Jay Novacek played for the Cowboys from 1990-1995 and made five Pro Bowls during his time playing for "America's team." He also is a three-time Super Bowl Champion.

The Novaceks said that they didn't have any second thoughts after seeing the Facebook post — they had to show up on Christmas to visit with Jonah-Eli.

"It's what Christmas is, isn't it? Giving, and being with. It's what it's about," Amy Novacek said.

They showed up with presents for Jonah-Eli, as well as for his siblings and some other children in the hospital.

The Novaceks also tried to get other Cowboys players involved. They said Nate Newton showed up and TCU football and baseball players also sent videos encouraging the family.

"It's amazing how strong they are," Jay Novacek said. "I couldn't be that strong."

Jonah-Eli's mom told WFAA that her son is a warrior, strong and courageous, and that when people get to witness his courage, that it's a blessing in itself. While Jonah-Eli was able to have an incredible Christmas, the Haydon's are still asking for help from their community.

"The one thing I want to ask people is to please pray for Jonah," Amy said. "Pray for his family, pray for a miracle. Its Christmas right? Miracles happen."

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Cowboys-players-grant-wish-for-cancer-patient--126879850/
[/h]

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
:towel

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I love this guy. :towel

DLK150

DCC 4Life

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
While the caption is sensationalist, the parents should be punished for child abuse.
You can't be serious. This has to be some kind of joke you're making, that I don't get?

If not...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There is no excuse for allowing these puppies to be licking this child in the face since children’s immune systems are very low at this age. Who knows what the pups may be carrying and what they have been licking before. All this was occurring so the parents or who ever was doing the camera work can have a laugh. I just don’t agree with allowing animals licking on children at that age. The child obviously doesn’t like it and cannot fend off the animals.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
There is no excuse for allowing these puppies to be licking this child in the face since children’s immune systems are very low at this age. Who knows what the pups may be carrying and what they have been licking before. All this was occurring so the parents or who ever was doing the camera work can have a laugh. I just don’t agree with allowing animals licking on children at that age. The child obviously doesn’t like it and cannot fend off the animals.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Top Bottom