Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feel good thread...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

    Comment



    • 2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

      Comment


      • 2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

        Comment




        • This is greatness. If you don't make it through the whole thread, just know the people he delivered mail for started a gofundme to send him to Hawaii and have already raised $14,000 in just 3 hours.
          2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post

            I like red light cameras. Wish there’d be similar ones for speeding in residential areas, too.

            Comment




            • 2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

              Comment


              • 2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                Comment


                • Originally posted by pdom View Post

                  I like red light cameras. Wish there’d be similar ones for speeding in residential areas, too.
                  They are stupid. They are probably inadmissible as evidence in court when push comes to shove.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post

                    They are stupid. They are probably inadmissible as evidence in court when push comes to shove.
                    They are stupid. Shouldn’t need stoplights and stop signs in the first place but lots of stupid people drive that shouldn’t. Same thing with speed-calming devices like speed bumps.

                    Arent red light cameras admissible in court to place a suspect at a certain time at a certain place?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by pdom View Post

                      They are stupid. Shouldn’t need stoplights and stop signs in the first place but lots of stupid people drive that shouldn’t. Same thing with speed-calming devices like speed bumps.

                      Arent red light cameras admissible in court to place a suspect at a certain time at a certain place?
                      They don't prevent accidents. At best they change the accidents you see. They are very questionable legally too. Partially because you can't identify the driver usually.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

                        They don't prevent accidents. At best they change the accidents you see. They are very questionable legally too. Partially because you can't identify the driver usually.
                        Not sure what you mean by 'change the accidents you see'.

                        I don't associate red-light cameras with accident prevention, just people running red lights or squeezing across and end up blocking the intersection when it's backed up.

                        The more effective accident prevention method has been the seconds delay between red light and the crossway traffic's green light.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by pdom View Post

                          Not sure what you mean by 'change the accidents you see'.

                          I don't associate red-light cameras with accident prevention, just people running red lights or squeezing across and end up blocking the intersection when it's backed up.
                          Considering stop lights are put in place to prevent accidents it only makes sense that enforcing them is designed to also prevent accidents.

                          So you think Red Light cameras help the flow of traffic? Because it's actually the opposite. People stopping prematurely actually does the opposite. And if accidents aren't prevented you have the issue of accidents backing up traffic horribly. I'm confused now what you think the intrinsic value of a red light camera is other than to make money?

                          Comment


                          • There are all kinds of authentication problems with red light cameras. People in favor of them, such as the government employees who vote for them, pay for them, and install them, are not familiar with the rules of civil and criminal procedure. You can probably get it thrown out if it was worth your time to do so.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

                              Considering stop lights are put in place to prevent accidents it only makes sense that enforcing them is designed to also prevent accidents.

                              So you think Red Light cameras help the flow of traffic? Because it's actually the opposite. People stopping prematurely actually does the opposite. And if accidents aren't prevented you have the issue of accidents backing up traffic horribly. I'm confused now what you think the intrinsic value of a red light camera is other than to make money?
                              Sounds like your red light cameras activate sooner. The red light cameras I’ve encountered here only activate after a car has entered the intersection when light’s already red.

                              Yeah, that won’t do anything for accident prevention, but helps stop the assholes that try to squeeze past and end up blocking cross-traffic.

                              In any case, there are too many unnecessary stoplights or untimed stoplights (ie waiting when there’s nobody around), so being able to run reds is welcomed.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                                There are all kinds of authentication problems with red light cameras. People in favor of them, such as the government employees who vote for them, pay for them, and install them, are not familiar with the rules of civil and criminal procedure. You can probably get it thrown out if it was worth your time to do so.
                                As an aside, would you change the requirement of 12 unanimous jurors to convict and, if so, what would you change it to? Maybe even just a supermajority instead of unanimous?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X