Feel good thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

For anyone that has kids knows how touching this is. :towel

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The day is done and apparently no one is thankful to the Veterans. Hmm. Okay. I will say again thanks to all the Vets now and before.

Cotton

Staff member
Fuck it, this is the feel good thread. I'm going to open up myself a little bit to you hard-hearted fags. This is a post I made on FB. Read it, or don't, but it is absolutely from the deepest part of my heart.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

This is going to be a long post, so if you’re not a big fan of reading flick that finger up. I have posted many times about what it’s like with a child with Down Syndrome, and this is going to be one of those. We just watched a movie called Peanut Butter Falcon. It’s an amazing movie giving a little bit of insight into how these special people impact the lives of others. The “kid” in this movie shows some hard-hearted people what it’s like to be loved. Below I will go over that impact.

They are ridiculously innocent.

They are hard-headed as hell.

They are impossibly strong.

They are unbelievably loving.

I have one of these beautiful creatures in my house. She is the most incredible person I have ever met. She makes me love, laugh, and understand what true love really is. She makes me understand what true innocence is. She will never change that innocence, because in her mind she doesn't understand anything different. This dark world will never make her bend. It will not make her angry at the world. It will only make her want to change it. She makes me angry, loved, and blessed all at the same time. She saved my life. And, I do not exaggerate when I say that. Before we had her, I was in a bad place, and she brought me through it. She loves beyond measure, and that settled this angry soul.

I’m not sure exactly what this post is about except to say that we need more love (I guess I post about this too much, I guess). But, to me, it’s imperative that we learn lessons from these wonderful people. They can teach us how to fix this stupid nonsense we are going through right now. Live and love. I guess that’s the lesson to be learned here. And, accept all no matter of their “disabilities”. They just might surprise you. Learn from these people, friends

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Fuck it, this is the feel good thread. I'm going to open up myself a little bit to you hard-hearted fags. This is a post I made on FB. Read it, or don't, but it is absolutely from the deepest part of my heart.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

This is going to be a long post, so if you’re not a big fan of reading flick that finger up. I have posted many times about what it’s like with a child with Down Syndrome, and this is going to be one of those. We just watched a movie called Peanut Butter Falcon. It’s an amazing movie giving a little bit of insight into how these special people impact the lives of others. The “kid” in this movie shows some hard-hearted people what it’s like to be loved. Below I will go over that impact.

I have one of these beautiful creatures in my house. She is the most incredible person I have ever met. She makes me love, laugh, and understand what true love really is. She makes me understand what true innocence is. She will never change that innocence, because in her mind she doesn't understand anything different. This dark world will never make her bend. It will not make her angry at the world. It will only make her want to change it. She makes me angry, loved, and blessed all at the same time. She saved my life. And, I do not exaggerate when I say that. Before we had her, I was in a bad place, and she brought me through it. She loves beyond measure, and that settled this angry soul.

I’m not sure exactly what this post is about except to say that we need more love (I guess I post about this too much, I guess). But, to me, it’s imperative that we learn lessons from these wonderful people. They can teach us how to fix this stupid nonsense we are going through right now. Live and love. I guess that’s the lesson to be learned here. And, accept all no matter of their “disabilities”. They just might surprise you. Learn from these people, friends

That's awesome, thanks for sharing. It was really nice to read.

Cotton

Staff member
That's awesome, thanks for sharing. It was really nice to read.
Thanks, brother. It has been a challenge, and a blessing all at the same time. It's hard to convey properly. Some may feel I share too much about it, but fuck them. She is my absolute light. I can be a real dick, but she makes me a better person simply because of who she is as a person. I really wish everyone could experience this kind of blessing before they die.

When she was born I had a heart to heart with myself. I had to leave the hospital to gather myself to be strong for my family. I cried my eyes out wondering what I had done wrong to be crippled with this challenge. After about an hour away from the hospital I realized that I was not in "why me" status. I was in thank you for getting this opportunity status. Weird because I had not even known my daughter a full day.

Sorry, I'm done. This is boring to most of you I'm sure, but it is something I am obviously passionate about. Love each other, you motherfuckers. We are all we have.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Thanks, brother. It has been a challenge, and a blessing all at the same time. It's hard to convey properly. Some may feel I share too much about it, but fuck them. She is my absolute light. I can be a real dick, but she makes me a better person simply because of who she is as a person. I really wish everyone could experience this kind of blessing before they die.

When she was born I had a heart to heart with myself. I had to leave the hospital to gather myself to be strong for my family. I cried my eyes out wondering what I had done wrong to be crippled with this challenge. After about an hour away from the hospital I realized that I was not in "why me" status. I was in thank you for getting this opportunity status. Weird because I had not even known my daughter a full day.

Sorry, I'm done. This is boring to most of you I'm sure, but it is something I am obviously passionate about. Love each other, you motherfuckers. We are all we have.
Liked it on Facebook and like it here.

Last edited:

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life

Good for you, special people indeed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah the gift of a daughter is a pretty special thing. Down Syndrome or anything else they are truly a gift. I think your post is awesome.

Cotton

Staff member
Top Bottom