Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post

Hell yeah!
    Call me a cynic, but why can't people do good things just to do good things? I mean, this was very nice of them to do, helping her like that. And I'm happy that they did. But why the need to film it then post it?

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDak View Post
      Call me a cynic, but why can't people do good things just to do good things? I mean, this was very nice of them to do, helping her like that. And I'm happy that they did. But why the need to film it then post it?
      Maybe they feel the love should be shared to everyone so we all can see it possibly causing more people to follow their lead and continue paying it forward?
      2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• 2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

Maybe they feel the love should be shared to everyone so we all can see it possibly causing more people to follow their lead and continue paying it forward?
          I mean I could never imagine myself recording myself doing nice things. But at the same time I'm just glad for the nice action. If someone wants to record I'm still just glad they did it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
            I mean I could never imagine myself recording myself doing nice things. But at the same time I'm just glad for the nice action. If someone wants to record I'm still just glad they did it.
            I hate that people belittle the action simply because it was recorded. WGAS? It was an amazing act that should be shared all over the internet. I can understand if it was staged, but this was obviously not staged. This was a legit act of kindness, and should be replicated over and over. We need more of this shit.

Comment

I hate that people belittle the action simply because it was recorded. WGAS? It was an amazing act that should be shared all over the internet. I can understand if it was staged, but this was obviously not staged. This was a legit act of kindness, and should be replicated over and over. We need more of this shit.
              Who's belittling the action? I certainly didn't. I even said it was nice of them to do, and I was happy they did it.

I only questioned why people can't just do kind things for other people, without needing to broadcast to the world how wonderful they are.

Comment

I get you, but maybe they realize that others aren't as likely to follow their lead unless they see it being done.

It does seem silly to me to film yourself doing a good deed, but when we watch videos throughout the day they're usually either funny or fights...not much showing genuine humanity or compassion.

Now GTFO with your cynicism and let me dry my eyes in peace!

Comment

• Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
                  A friend of ours had twins a few yers ago with hearing problems. They had these done in both twins and the results were amazing.

Comment

Who's belittling the action? I certainly didn't. I even said it was nice of them to do, and I was happy they did it.

I only questioned why people can't just do kind things for other people, without needing to broadcast to the world how wonderful they are.
                    Definitely a legitimate question.

I think with all the social media buzz, social media thirst for "fame", and the fact just about everyone has a phone that takes quality videos its a foregone conclusion that people love to film themselves doing just about anything.

Comment

• Good god, you hard hearted fuckers, just let someone do good for someone else and let the world see their shining example of how we should treat each other. It's okay for them to get some recognition. They did a good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleMilti View Post
                        Definitely a legitimate question.

I think with all the social media buzz, social media thirst for "fame", and the fact just about everyone has a phone that takes quality videos its a foregone conclusion that people love to film themselves doing just about anything.
                        Yep. Like I said, it's good that they helped her and I'm happy that they did. Even with the filming part.

But people should be willing to help others without trying to garner any kind of personal gain. Even if it's just internet fame. And that's all I was saying. "Look at me! I'm a good person!"

Comment

Yep. Like I said, it's good that they helped her and I'm happy that they did. Even with the filming part.

But people should be willing to help others without trying to garner any kind of personal gain. Even if it's just internet fame. And that's all I was saying. "Look at me! I'm a good person!"
                          I agree 100%. Wasnít calling you out, just pointing out that just about everyone you meet has the video camera bug. I donít even think most people think twice about filming shit.

Comment

Imagine how many times it happens not on film. Imagine how many more times it might happen if people see others doing it?

Comment

• Agree. I think this type exposure is a lot better for our society to dwell on than all the negative crap we are continually subjected to.
                              Since Day One

Comment

• 2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X