Feel good thread...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Definitely a legitimate question.

I think with all the social media buzz, social media thirst for "fame", and the fact just about everyone has a phone that takes quality videos its a foregone conclusion that people love to film themselves doing just about anything.
Yep. Like I said, it's good that they helped her and I'm happy that they did. Even with the filming part.

But people should be willing to help others without trying to garner any kind of personal gain. Even if it's just internet fame. And that's all I was saying. "Look at me! I'm a good person!"

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Yep. Like I said, it's good that they helped her and I'm happy that they did. Even with the filming part.

But people should be willing to help others without trying to garner any kind of personal gain. Even if it's just internet fame. And that's all I was saying. "Look at me! I'm a good person!"
I agree 100%. Wasn’t calling you out, just pointing out that just about everyone you meet has the video camera bug. I don’t even think most people think twice about filming shit.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Imagine how many times it happens not on film. Imagine how many more times it might happen if people see others doing it?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Agree. I think this type exposure is a lot better for our society to dwell on than all the negative crap we are continually subjected to.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Sheik

DCC 4Life

There's a really terrible joke in there somewhere, but I'll not go there.

I've watched dozens of these enchroma videos, I love them. Something most people take for granted makes a world of difference for people who lack that very thing. Beautiful.

Cotton

Staff member

:towel

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
There's a really terrible joke in there somewhere, but I'll not go there.

I've watched dozens of these enchroma videos, I love them. Something most people take for granted makes a world of difference for people who lack that very thing. Beautiful.
I’m color blind myself so I wonder what his those things would make life.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member

Take 7 minutes out of your day and watch this. This kid who has epilepsy has been given lots of memorabilia from NFL teams and is selling it to earn money to buy helmets for other kids that have epilepsy and can't afford helmets. Good shit right here.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

Take 7 minutes out of your day and watch this. This kid who has epilepsy has been given lots of memorabilia from NFL teams and is selling it to earn money to buy helmets for other kids that have epilepsy and can't afford helmets. Good shit right here.
I had epilepsy pretty bad when I was younger. Then almost thirty years ago I read an article in a news magazine about a woman who had it *so* bad and had *so* many seizures daily that she had to wear a helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, shoulder pads, the works. The picture of her almost looked like she was dressed for a football game. It made me realize that "Hey, maybe I don't have it so bad after all."

The lesson learned was that no matter how bad off you are, there is almost always someone else out there that is worse off.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I had epilepsy pretty bad when I was younger. Then almost thirty years ago I read an article in a news magazine about a woman who had it *so* bad and had *so* many seizures daily that she had to wear a helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, shoulder pads, the works. The picture of her almost looked like she was dressed for a football game. It made me realize that "Hey, maybe I don't have it so bad after all."

The lesson learned was that no matter how bad off you are, there is almost always someone else out there that is worse off.
That’s a good lesson to learn.

Sheik

DCC 4Life

Can I pm you a question or two about your epilepsy?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Can I pm you a question or two about your epilepsy?
Sure, fire away. It's been over 25 years since I've had an issue with it and I've probably forgotten more than I can remember but I'll help if I can.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
That’s a good lesson to learn.
Yeah, I was pretty bitter about it until then. When I was a teenager I couldn't take shop classes, couldn't get my license, missed a lot of time, couldn't engage in some things other kids could etcetera and I ended up dropping out of HS and getting a GED partly because of it.

Cotton

Staff member

Good message. I created a post on FB that said something very similar just yesterday.

Top Bottom