Is this country just fucked going forward?

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
It's not necessarily the cars themselves that aren't efficient. It's all the things required to make them roll that make their manufacture and use less efficient than fossil fuels. The stuff to make the batteries is environmentally damaging, the fuel to generate the required electricity to charge them is causes more emissions than cars, the cost of them, the govt funding of purchasing them. It's like Solyndra on the automotive level.
Yet the Automotive industry as a whole is moving in that direction at great cost, that should tell us something...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yet the Automotive industry as a whole is moving in that direction at great cost, that should tell us something...
They are moving in that direction because there is demand there, not because of some overarching ideological plan to save the planet through electric cars. They want to sell the types of vehicles people want, and there is a market for electric cars right now, however misguided. If everyone on the planet decided tomorrow they didn't want electric cars, the automobile manufacturers would stop making them overnight.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
They are moving in that direction because there is demand there, not because of some overarching ideological plan to save the planet through electric cars. They want to sell the types of vehicles people want, and there is a market for electric cars right now, however misguided. If everyone on the planet decided tomorrow they didn't want electric cars, the automobile manufacturers would stop making them overnight.
At great cost? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-autoshow-paris-electric-squeeze-analy/electric-cars-cast-growing-shadow-on-profits-idUSKCN1MB2GD
I'm sorry if it were just a fad they would ride it out instead of all they're investing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
At great cost? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-autoshow-paris-electric-squeeze-analy/electric-cars-cast-growing-shadow-on-profits-idUSKCN1MB2GD
I'm sorry if it were just a fad they would ride it out instead of all they're investing.
That is in Europe and China where they are being mandated they sell more electric cars than gas-powered cars. They are having to sell them at a lower price or face the fine. Very few stated here have such a mandate, because, well, it's dumb. In cases where there is no such mandate/fine they are selling them for a decent profit.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I'm sure at some point when Batteries or power cells are far more efficient than they are now, and you can get more than 300 miles on a charge and not have to wait a day to recharge, they'll be completely viable. Until that happen. fogetaboutit!

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm sure at some point when Batteries or power cells are far more efficient than they are now, and you can get more than 300 miles on a charge and not have to wait a day to recharge, they'll be completely viable. Until that happen. fogetaboutit!
Yeah, that day is coming.... like in 2021.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I seriously doubt they can do it that soon. Plus if you're an eco loon, theres all the bad stuff that goes into making the more efficient batteries of today. Who knows what tomorrow brings.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Yep, we're fucked.

Millennials and Generation Z believe representation of all races and religions in the workplace is more important than hiring based on merit, according to a new survey.

Roughly half (51 percent) of Millennials (age 22-39) and Generation Z (age 18-21) said that 'fair representation of race, ethnicity and religion is paramount to creating the ideal workplace,' according to the poll of 2,002 Americans conducted by John Zogby Strategies.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ty-hiring.html

Top Bottom