Democrat Presidential Nominees

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
No one's ever gone from the House to the Presidency. The fact that he's a straight white male (eeeeeek!) ain't gonna help him in the primaries either.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
:picard

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think it's about 70% that Beto is the candidate. Have thought that for a while. It's OK to be a white male if you ride a skateboard and have an hispanic nickname.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I think it's about 70% that Beto is the candidate. Have thought that for a while. It's OK to be a white male if you ride a skateboard and have an hispanic nickname.
And write books about running over kids.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:unsure

2233boys

Not So New Member
No one's ever gone from the House to the Presidency. The fact that he's a straight white male (eeeeeek!) ain't gonna help him in the primaries either.

Congress to the White House
McKinley
Garefield
Lincoln The others I understand, but I thought he was common knowledge.
Hayes
Polk

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
McKinley
Garefield
Hayes
Polk
He didn't say Congress. He said House.

2233boys

Not So New Member
He didn't say Congress. He said House.
This is what that indicates. All Members of the House of Representatives, who went from there to be President. (Sometimes when I refer to the house I just use Congress, and when I refer to the Senate I say Senate, however you wouldn't know that)

I have no skin in the Beto game, I haven't decided who I am supporting yet, just correcting an error.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is what that indicates. All Members of the House of Representatives, who went from there to be President. (Sometimes when I refer to the house I just use Congress, and when I refer to the Senate I say Senate, however you wouldn't know that)

I have no skin in the Beto game, I haven't decided who I am supporting yet, just correcting an error.
Gotcha.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
McKinley
Garefield
Hayes
Polk
I meant men who ran for President while they were still congressmen in the House. I was under the impression that Beto was still a Dem congressman. My bad.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Dear God.
It's almost like the bizarro world version of McCain picking Palin. Just pick anyone not like yourself who will appeal to a certain segment no matter how poorly qualified they are.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
:lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
:lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's almost like the bizarro world version of McCain picking Palin. Just pick anyone not like yourself who will appeal to a certain segment no matter how poorly qualified they are.
Abrams is perhaps the most unqualified person of all to be veep, but don't let that stand in their way.

Even a ridiculous cunt like Palin had some method of experience.

Top Bottom