Democrat Presidential Nominees

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
If the Dems fall flat this election, I wonder if this will be a turning point where people start to realize that basing everything off Twitter is a bad idea. It's not as good a representation of public opinion as people think.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's not as good a representation of public opinion as people think.
Nope. Most of America isn't fucking crazy. Just think, Hillary didn't run on any of these crazy ass ideas just 3 years ago and she lost to Donald f'ing Trump. Just imagine what this election cycle will look like with these nutbags as front-runners.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
There’s been whispers, admittedly from the fringe right mostly, that Biden is going to drop out because of extremely poor health.

He’s the only sane(though dumb) democrat besides Tulsi running currently.

I want to know more about Tulsi Gabbard.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There’s been whispers, admittedly from the fringe right mostly, that Biden is going to drop out because of extremely poor health.

She will be stomped out soon for not being left enough.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
She will be stomped out soon for not being left enough.
Yep, lot of media has been running hit pieces on her since she embarrassed Kamala the other day

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Smitty

DCC 4Life

The guy from Maryland seems reasonable as well.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I haven’t heard much about him. I’ll look him up.

Yeah, John Delaney. He kinda pwned Bernie Sanders in a healthcare debate. Of course, the liberal media frames it the exact opposite way, especially cause Sanders delivered a content-less sound byte: "You're wrong." In response to one of Delaney's well thought out arguments.

But the guy sounded to me like an RFK Democrat.... believes in capitalism, just wants to make it work for people better.

I don't know much about him, could be totally wrong, but surrounded by those nutbags on stage with him, he sounded actually reasonable. Look on youtube for his highlights in the debates, especially against Sanders.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
“The Second Amendment doesn’t say you can’t restrict the kinds of weapons people can own,”

I can just picture it, all firearms banned except those that existed when the constitution was signed.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
“The Second Amendment doesn’t say you can’t restrict the kinds of weapons people can own,”

I can just picture it, all firearms banned except those that existed when the constitution was signed.
Nope.

DC vs. Heller clarified that issue. Protected firearms are those in common use for lawful purposes. Specifically extended protection to handguns. But the wording of the logic did not limit the decision to just handguns. So while it also acknowledged that yes, Joe Biden, both the second amendment and Heller did not say you can't limit guns at all, it said guns that will be protected by the second amendment are all those that are in common use for lawful purposes.

So, no rocket launchers. But semi automatic rifles are very common and are almost exclusively used for lawful purposes, way more lawfully used than handguns.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Sheik

DCC 4Life
He should be shamed into resignation. You don’t do that shit.

He had no right to put a list out like that, if that’s real. Part of me thinks nobody can be that fucking dumb.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He should be shamed into resignation. You don’t do that shit.

He had no right to put a list out like that, if that’s real. Part of me thinks nobody can be that fucking dumb.
These actions just tell me that the Democrats are feeling very desperate now. That have outright called Trump everything bad without substance or proof, and they are still trying to investigate further things professional experts haven’t found. Additionally some states are creating laws to get him out of commission to not be able to get on their ballots. My word they are so afraid they have been turned into a bunch of terrorists with suits and ties. It humorous to see what their desperation has brought to the surface. The tide has turned on some politicians and a few will get buried from the backlash.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nope.

DC vs. Heller clarified that issue. Protected firearms are those in common use for lawful purposes. Specifically extended protection to handguns. But the wording of the logic did not limit the decision to just handguns. So while it also acknowledged that yes, Joe Biden, both the second amendment and Heller did not say you can't limit guns at all, it said guns that will be protected by the second amendment are all those that are in common use for lawful purposes.

So, no rocket launchers. But semi automatic rifles are very common and are almost exclusively used for lawful purposes, way more lawfully used than handguns.
Yeah I was just pointing out how ignorant his argument is.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
way more lawfully used than handguns.
This is the key point in Heller. I know it specifically protects handguns, but inherently it actually protects rifles even more with the terms "lawful purposes".

Smitty

DCC 4Life
This is the key point in Heller. I know it specifically protects handguns, but inherently it actually protects rifles even more with the terms "lawful purposes".
Well, Scalia wrote it that way on purpose. But because the issue actually in front of him was only a handgun ban, that’s what he was able to specifically overrule.

So gun control proponents will still say, with some truth, “Heller only said handguns couldn’t be banned!”

But it would take a pretty large leap in logic for a future Supreme Court to say ARs are not in common use for lawful purposes.

In fact id wager the raw data says handguns are used in these “mass shootings” (shooting with 4 or more casualties) at about a 20-to-1 rate over ARs.

Top Bottom