Ali dead

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It's only semantics for one of those 3 points. The other two are absolute facts.
It's still a fact. The controversy over the opinion still happened.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's all true but public pressure after the Vietnam War had a lot to do with it.
In case you have forgotten most of the protesters you are referring to were college age youth and not the main stream population at all. The main stream eventually showed their displeasure with Johnson's escalation and voted in Nixon based on his promise to end the war. Main stream Americans however did not protest publically.

Jiggyfly

Banned
In case you have forgotten most of the protesters you are referring to were college age youth and not the main stream population at all. The main stream eventually showed their displeasure with Johnson's escalation and voted in Nixon based on his promise to end the war. Main stream Americans however did not protest publically.
I don't understand what any of this has to do with what I said.

But no I have not forgotten any of that.

It was the Tet offensive and losing Cronkite that turned popular opinion.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Why? They abided by what their government told them were the rules.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Why? They abided by what their government told them were the rules.
So, you would equate Nazi Germany to the current USA? Like I said, stupid statement.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
No, I implied that peaceful resistance to government is something to applaud and not condemn. Mindless following leads to fascist States.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No, I implied that peaceful resistance to government is something to applaud and not condemn. Mindless following leads to fascist States.
You can peacefully resist in other ways than breaking the laws in place.

Top Bottom