Cancer patient receives first penis transplant in US

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
'Why not? They amputated mine,' says penis transplant patient
1:32 PM EDT May 17, 2016

BOSTON —Thomas Manning has a great sense of humor and openness after undergoing an ordeal that others might want to keep private. He says he hopes that his experience can pave the way for others who need the same surgery to feel whole again.

“I’m going to talk about this with everyone who will listen," he said Tuesday, during a hospital room interview with NewsCenter 5 anchor Heather Unruh.

Manning recently underwent a 15-hour surgery to become the nation's first penis transplant patient. He lost his in 2012 when cancer led to an amputation of the penis.

"The reason why I wanted that transplant is because they amputated mine," he said. "They took mine and I wanted it back."

The donor penis came from the New England Organ Bank. It was donated by a family that wished to remain anonymous.

Doctors at Massachusetts General Hospital said there are no signs of bleeding, rejection or infection, and that they're cautiously optimistic Manning will regain the function he lost.

"I have felt no pain at all, and I don’t ask for any drugs at all. For me that’s the freaky part of the story," he said.

Before looking at the new organ, however, Manning said he had to work up some courage. He said it was, "scary looking," but exactly what the doctors told him to expect.

"All I could say is, they did a great job. It's amazing. I have a great deal of respect for these people."

Manning told WCVB that he began lobbying for this surgery four years ago, and the doctors began preparing more than two years ago. He hopes that work constitutes the first step in making this surgery available to wounded warriors.

"It’s worse if you’re a young guy. If you take that away from him they lose any chance they have in life," Manning said. "This is going to be like a home run for them."

Another patient is already on the waiting list for the transplant.
--------------
This guy's gonna have some serious issues the first time the urge to rub one out hits him.

:unsure

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Imagine being able to make that joke about being black from the waist down, then being like, "No, seriously, look..."

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Imagine being able to make that joke about being black from the waist down, then being like, "No, seriously, look..."
:lol

Carp

DCC 4Life
Thankfully it was already stiff when he got it.

Top Bottom