Government and taxation

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I know there's a thread for video clips, but I thought this worthy enough to see for his own thread. It's more Paul Harvey genius and maybe we should have a thread just devoted to his greatness. Big government folk really need to hear this stuff.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Man, I loved me some Paul Harvey. :towel

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's really sad that the majority of people in this country do not believe this ideology. It's no coincidence that as the attitudes have evolved the closer the country comes to a place of no return. At this point more people depend on the government than are actually engaged in a productive lifestyle. Dependence on government for your livelihood robs a citizen of their freedom and overburdens productive endeavors to the point of bankruptcy. Those who think this gift of freedom and gainful efforts are an entitlement they have a right to share in with no sacrifice are promulgating their own demise. Sadly, I see no brakes being applied to the process.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's really sad that the majority of people in this country do not believe this ideology. It's no coincidence that as the attitudes have evolved the closer the country comes to a place of no return. At this point more people depend on the government than are actually engaged in a productive lifestyle. Dependence on government for your livelihood robs a citizen of their freedom and overburdens productive endeavors to the point of bankruptcy. Those who think this gift of freedom and gainful efforts are an entitlement they have a right to share in with no sacrifice are promulgating their own demise. Sadly, I see no brakes being applied to the process.
It's the equivalent of when a kid becomes of age and they have to make the decision to stay at home and follow someone else's rules or make their own way and have the freedom to do what they want. At age 18 I moved out of my parent's house because I wanted to set my own bedtime.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Do you actually believe this?

If so what are you basing this on?

jeebs

Brand New Member

Yes.

My day to day interactions.

1 in 10 white males between the age of 30-50 have voluntarily left the work force. That is white males in prem working age. Now if we fugue that less than half of white males are working age, I would say that even in your most workingest demographic that they are over 50% dependant.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Yeah, let's not act like the ultra rich who want all the fucking money share no blame in this.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol

Give me a break.

Work ethic and values have deteriorated to the point of no return now.

When someone feels it is their right as a citizen to have an effing free cell phone, yeah, that's all the proof I need.

The gap between the upper crust and the lower tier of society has never been wider and those at the bottom do not feel the desire to achieve simply because it is easier to get by with what the government gives them. I see it everyday where people actually quit full time 40 hour a week jobs because it is easier for them to simply sit at home and collect benefits. Many take a job just to get them, quit, then try to claim they were fired.

Jiggyfly

Banned
:lol

Give me a break.

Work ethic and values have deteriorated to the point of no return now.

When someone feels it is their right as a citizen to have an effing free cell phone, yeah, that's all the proof I need.

The gap between the upper crust and the lower tier of society has never been wider and those at the bottom do not feel the desire to achieve simply because it is easier to get by with what the government gives them. I see it everyday where people actually quit full time 40 hour a week jobs because it is easier for them to simply sit at home and collect benefits. Many take a job just to get them, quit, then try to claim they were fired.
I believe a lot of what you say but its ignorant to believe 50% of the country is on the goverment dole.

And benefits do not last forever and you get no benefits if you are fired with cause, companies go out of there way these days to not have to pay unemployment.

This idea that its easy to get benefits and keep them is way out of touch with reality.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I believe a lot of what you say but its ignorant to believe 50% of the country is on the goverment dole.

And benefits do not last forever and you get no benefits if you are fired with cause, companies go out of there way these days to not have to pay unemployment.

This idea that its easy to get benefits and keep them is way out of touch with reality.
You can believe its ignorant but the data supports it. Did you read any of the references?

Jiggyfly

Banned

Jiggyfly

Banned
You can believe its ignorant but the data supports it. Did you read any of the references?
Yes I did and it does not support what you said did you read them in depth?

From your link.
Sort of, but they’re probably not the people he had in mind. About 49 percent of Americans live in households that receive some form of government benefits, according to the libertarian Mercatus Center at George Mason University, based on data from 2010.* Not all of those people, however, are dependent on those benefits, as Romney implied. A significant proportion of government assistance comes in the form of Social Security and Medicare, for which eligibility is based on age rather than need. Considering only “means-tested” programs, such as food stamps, Medicaid, and housing assistance, around 35 percent of Americans live in households that benefit from government assistance.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What?

I am not upset at all what in that statement reads venal or upset.:lol
You started out by pronouncing a lot of people who believed these statistics were ignorant. There are many independent institutions that have compiled this information and i dont think they are ignorant.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
None of those back up your statement that more people depend on the Government than engage in a productive lifestyle.

Most of the people in those statistics are receiving Social Security and Medicare which I would care to guess includes you.
Thats true and i am one of those statistics. Those of us who are retired do not produce much of anything except expenditures into the economy.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Yeah, let's not act like the ultra rich who want all the fucking money share no blame in this.
I love statements like this.

Yeah, let blame the successful people because you're too good to get a job at McDonald's and would rather draw unemployment. I'm not rich by any means, hell I may not even be average, but I get my ass up and go do my job everyday. All in hopes that one day I'll have more money than I currently have. I guess if I had no sense of pride or self worth I would sit on my ass, smoke some weed, get food stamps, medicare, unemployment, and why the hell not lets throw in free lunch for my kid at school. Then I'll bitch about all these rich people paying taxes to support me to all my other poor friends and we can start a revolution that will never ever take place because we are all to lazy to make signs and stand in front of city hall. Unless that's where we pick up our child support checks (state funded of course), because by this time you know I'm raising two or three bad ass little kids on my own. Their crackhead mommas done run off.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I don't blame all successful people.

Just the greedy cunts that want it all.

Like the 6 or 7 Walton cunts that are all worth 50+ billion while the 1 million plus that work for them don't have a fucking pot to piss in.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't blame all successful people.

Just the greedy cunts that want it all.

Like the 6 or 7 Walton cunts that are all worth 50+ billion while the 1 million plus that work for them don't have a fucking pot to piss in.
They are entitled by virtue of inheritance. Do you think some stranger should get a portion of what you will leave to your family? The amount isnt important. It the right of ownership that counts.

Top Bottom