Bill Cosby allegations....

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Anyone been paying attention to all the rape and sexual assault allegations surrounding Cosby?

I'm starting the think that he actually committed some of these crimes.

There are way too many accusations by women, who from what I can tell, don't appear to be doing this as a ploy to extort money. In my mind that increases the possibility that there is some credibility to their stories.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's probably true.

If women wanted to go after a random celebrity with money, why him?

He's old as fuck, he's not really in the limelight anymore and his persona would make winning the battle of public opinion more difficult than hundreds of other celebrities. Doesn't really make sense if you're just trying to extort money.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I refuse to believe this is true. It just can't be. Please don't let it be.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I can't believe it yet. I chose to believe that Bill Cosby is a bad man.

D

Deuce

Unfortunately, I think there's a lot of truth here. Seems like an odd target for so many people to just pile on to and he was so mum about the whole thing for a while. Bomani Jones wrote a good article about the situation the other day.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Unfortunately, I think there's a lot of truth here. Seems like an odd target for so many people to just pile on to and he was so mum about the whole thing for a while. Bomani Jones wrote a good article about the situation the other day.
Yeah I read that one as well.

First time I legitimately read Playboy for the article. :lol

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah he did it, just goes to show nobody is above reproach.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Wow just wow.

Glenn Beck: AP ‘Raped’ Bill Cosby
by Matt Wilstein | 3:12 pm, November 20th, 2014 VIDEO

http://www.mediaite.com/online/glenn-beck-ap-raped-bill-cosby/

Glenn Beck followed in Rush Limbaugh’s footsteps Thursday, defending Bill Cosby against what he sees as unfair attacks by the media in response to multiple rape allegations against the comedian.

This time, Beck was responding to the previously-unreleased video of an interview Cosby did with the Associated Press earlier this month. At the end of a discussion about Cosby’s art collection, the reporter asked about the recent accusations against him. “I think you were told — I don’t want to compromise your integrity, but we don’t — I don’t talk about it,” Cosby said, with his wife seated next to him.

After the interview, when Cosby apparently thought the camera had been turned off, he said of that portion, “I would appreciate it if it was scuttled.” Perhaps realizing no one on his team had told the reporter those questions were off limits, he said he had thought “it wouldn’t be necessary to go over that question with you” in advance because the AP is a respected news organization.

“You want to talk about rape? That’s media rape, right there,” Beck said on his radio show Thursday after playing audio from the AP video. “You said you would not do that. Since when does your ‘no’ mean ‘yes’? Do you know the definition of ‘no,’ sir? You’ve just raped Bill Cosby. You said you wouldn’t do it. You just did it and then you blamed it on him. My gosh, maybe we should have a lesson on rape.”

But as the Associated Press stated in the video they ultimately decided to release, “the interview was on record” and “the AP made no agreement to avoid questions about the allegations or to withhold publishing any of his comments at any time.”

Unless Beck has some reason to believe the AP is lying about the nature of the interview, the company had every right to not only ask Cosby about the allegations but also to publish his defiant response to those questions.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Pretty dumb comments by Beck.

And last time I checked one of the primary responsibilities of the media is to do investigative reporting and ask the tough questions to try to get to the truth. If the AP doesn't do this then the TMZ's of the world will.

I know people may think organizations like TMZ are sleazy but they've uncovered quite a few legitimate scandals/stories so you just can't dismiss their content as "tabloid journalism".

Cosby can't hide behind his shield of silence forever. At some point you have to address the accusations.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Pretty dumb comments by Beck.

And last time I checked one of the primary responsibilities of the media is to do investigative reporting and ask the tough questions to try to get to the truth. If the AP doesn't do this then the TMZ's of the world will.

I know people may think organizations like TMZ are sleazy but they've uncovered quite a few legitimate scandals/stories so you just can't dismiss their content as "tabloid journalism".

Cosby can't hide behind his shield of silence forever. At some point you have to address the accusations.
I don't know that I would say investigation is a primary responsibility of media as much as it is a self a imposed position by them. Don't get me wrong I think it is helpful to the public that there is an investigative journalism system but I think it evolved from within journalism itself rather than being assigned that position by any structure of authority. It probably evolved as a result of verification of sources before printing the story.

Top Bottom