The Great Police Work Thread

jeebs

Brand New Member
Helped out during the Rodney King trial...to create a riot.
Yep, it was definitely the fault of the video camera, the police beating that guy had nothing to do with it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't think anyone on this board approves of police brutality. I would go so far today we hate it but to me the issue is do I think the majority of police are inclined to be violent and I really don't think so.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I'm proud of you guys. 21 pages of Raw history, baby!!!

:unsure

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
do I think the majority of police are inclined to be violent and I really don't think so.
I don't know if anyone would say the majority of police are inclined to be violent. But even a couple of bad apples in a police force can cause a shit ton of problems. It's funny because the officers I play softball with down here can name the same bad apples by name that I can as an attorney. Yet no one can get rid of them because the only complaints are by "criminals" and there is no video evidence.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I still can't get past the irony of a board full of people who distrust their government but trust their police.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't know if anyone would say the majority of police are inclined to be violent. But even a couple of bad apples in a police force can cause a shit ton of problems. It's funny because the officers I play softball with down here can name the same bad apples by name that I can as an attorney. Yet no one can get rid of them because the only complaints are by "criminals" and there is no video evidence.
That is true in most any profession. In your own profession there is a bad perception because of a few but is that reason to denigrate the entire group? Your reply may be that even bad attorneys aren't violent but their actions can devastate the lives of some people. The unfortunate truth is in almost every endeavor there are bad seeds that taint the masses. The system however still is beneficial to the majority.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I still can't get past the irony of a board full of people who distrust their government but trust their police.
You're implying that the police are just as corrupt as our gov't, and I absolutely disagree with that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is true in most any profession. In your own profession there is a bad perception because of a few but is that reason to denigrate the entire group? Your reply may be that even bad attorneys aren't violent but their actions can devastate the lives of some people. The unfortunate truth is in almost every endeavor there are bad seeds that taint the masses. The system however still is beneficial to the majority.
I would say in my case at least the Missouri Bar has far greater ability to monitor such things in my profession. You also don't get the band of brothers mentality in the legal profession where each lawyer will stand up for the next one regardless of what they did. You see a lot of that with officers.

JBond

Brand New Member
There is a giant difference between a piece of shit like Obama that makes up laws as he goes, while ignoring others, and a local police force that lives among the citizens.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
You're implying that the police are just as corrupt as our gov't, and I absolutely disagree with that.
That's hilarious. Since they enforce the laws our corrupt government makes, a lot of their actions are the end product of corruption, however noble their personal intentions are.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I would say in my case at least the Missouri Bar has far greater ability to monitor such things in my profession. You also don't get the band of brothers mentality in the legal profession where each lawyer will stand up for the next one regardless of what they did. You see a lot of that with officers.
Lawyers do help out the profession as a whole. They write the laws and make themselves more and more necessary with more and more laws. Your predecessors made it illegal to practice law without a quarter million dollar legal education, denying the poor and middle class access to legal defense by driving the price into the realm of only the very rich. It kind of sucks that Americans don't have rights, just the option to buy them from you if we can afford to pay the value of a small house for a defense attorney that will put forward a good faith effort.

Cotton

Staff member
That's hilarious. Since they enforce the laws our corrupt government makes, a lot of their actions are the end product of corruption, however noble their personal intentions are.
So, they are just doing their jobs. So noted.

Cotton

Staff member
Texas officers buy food for family in need

Posted: Jul 01, 2014 7:28 PM CDT
Updated: Jul 01, 2014 7:43 PM CDT
Posted by: Austin Prickett

Two Texas police officers are getting praise after a photo of them buying groceries for a needy family went viral on the web.

The two officers, from Victoria, Texas, were spotted in line at a local grocery store in full uniform with a basket full of groceries.

Rebecca Vasquez was behind the two officers in the check out line.

"It just seemed a little odd just that they were in full uniform and everything," Vasquez said.

Vasquez then asked the officers what they were up to.

"They actually told me that they were going to be donating the entire basket to a family in need," Vasquez said.

Senior Officer Bryan Knief and Cadet Officer Anthony Vacarro were on duty last weekend when they were called out to a Victoria home. The officers noticed the family had no food and decided to buy some for them.

"I just thought it was awesome," Vasquez said.

Vasquez snapped the picture of the officers and posted it on Facebook. Since then the picture has created quite the buzz.

"Of course they didn't do anything like this to get recognized or to be seen. I just happened to ask them if it was okay if I put their picture up and now people know that there's good people in Victoria." Vasquez said.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lawyers do help out the profession as a whole. They write the laws and make themselves more and more necessary with more and more laws. Your predecessors made it illegal to practice law without a quarter million dollar legal education, denying the poor and middle class access to legal defense by driving the price into the realm of only the very rich. It kind of sucks that Americans don't have rights, just the option to buy them from you if we can afford to pay the value of a small house for a defense attorney that will put forward a good faith effort.
Are you implying that public defenders do not give an adequate defense?

In all seriousness you guys with your $2,000.00 TVs on this message board can certainly afford an attorney.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Are you implying that public defenders do not give an adequate defense?

In all seriousness you guys with your $2,000.00 TVs on this message board can certainly afford an attorney.
Don't be getting all uppity with the prison guard.

They're the only truly noble and honest link in the legal chain.

Top Bottom