The Great Police Work Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
But why didn't the cop say, "you should be walking on the sidewalk!"?

If a guy was driving his car on the right sidewalk, would a cop pull him over and say, "you need to be on the left sidewalk!"?
Dude, why are you asking me all of these hard questions? I. DON'T. KNOW!

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Is the bird flapping it's wings a normal walking procedure there as well? They probably thought she was a mental patient escaped from the looney bin.

On a side note, I think I've always been taught that you're supposed to walk with traffic and not against it. Although walking in the middle of traffic is never advised.
Whomever taught you that was trying to hurt you. Walk against traffic. Bicycles with traffic.

dallen

Senior Tech
Is the bird flapping it's wings a normal walking procedure there as well? They probably thought she was a mental patient escaped from the looney bin.

On a side note, I think I've always been taught that you're supposed to walk with traffic and not against it. Although walking in the middle of traffic is never advised.
That's what I was taught too

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Dude, why are you asking me all of these hard questions? I. DON'T. KNOW!
I thought you were learned in the transportation rules of the state.

Obviously I have you confused with someone else.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Always walk on a sidewalk.

Cotton

Staff member
I thought you were learned in the transportation rules of the state.

Obviously I have you confused with someone else.
You got the right person. What I am not well-versed in, though, is how and why cops administer the advice they do.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
You got the right person. What I am not well-versed in, though, is how and why cops administer the advice they do.
If it were common sense in Texas that sidewalks are used for walking, it really shouldn't be this big of an issue.

Cop could have just picked up his loud speaker mic and hollered as he drove by, "Hey crazy bird lady! Your county put forth thousands of dollars in tax money so that you wouldn't have to battle motor vehicles for thoroughfare supremacy. Get your dumbass on the sidewalk!"

And this whole thing could have been avoided.

Cotton

Staff member
If it were common sense in Texas that sidewalks are used for walking, it really shouldn't be this big of an issue.

Cop could have just picked up his loud speaker mic and hollered as he drove by, "Hey crazy bird lady! Your county put forth thousands of dollars in tax money so that you wouldn't have to battle motor vehicles for thoroughfare supremacy. Get your dumbass on the sidewalk!"

And this whole thing could have been avoided.
Umm, I guess you haven't heard. That isn't an acceptable way to talk to a black person that is walking in the street. Did you even pay attention to Ferguson, bro?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Umm, I guess you haven't heard. That isn't an acceptable way to talk to a black person that is walking in the street. Did you even pay attention to Ferguson, bro?
You couldn't tell she was black, and nothing from my quote above references her skin color.

Cotton

Staff member
You couldn't tell she was black, and nothing from my quote above references her skin color.
Don't backtrack now, black person hater.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Uh, did you not see the hoodie? She didn't want to end up like poor little Trayvon, ok?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't backtrack now, black person hater.
This whole thing would have been a lot more interesting if she refused to provide any identifying information. Cops probably would have tackled and tazed her then...

Cotton

Staff member
This whole thing would have been a lot more interesting if she refused to provide any identifying information. Cops probably would have tackled and tazed her then...
Knowing the kind of person she is, I kinda wish they would have regardless. :unsure

Top Bottom