Real from 56-60
    Milan 89-90
    Bayern 74-76
    Liverpool 77-78
    Ajax 71-73
    Internazionale 64-65
    Benfica 61-62
    Nottingham 79-80

Actually Barcelona is one of the few repeat winners that have never won it at least back to back once...
    You're talking about the European Cup which is what it was called prior to 1992. And I wouldn't even know what to call that measly little tournament from the 50's when Madrid won it, but it certainly does not deserve to be lumped in as a CL or European Cup title, even if FIFA officially recognizes it as such.

Since it's current iteration as the Champion's League tournament, no one has been able to win the competition back to back.

It's an extremely difficult thing to do now because gone are all the rules and restrictions from before.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

Comment

• This is really be whats Sports are all about.

Hibs first trophy for 114 years. https://youtu.be/INW-cZSg5xs
      Last edited by Carl; 06-02-2016, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carl View Post
        This is really be whats Sports are all about.

Hibs first trophy for 114 years. https://youtu.be/INW-cZSg5xs
        That was a soccer game? With all the bloodspill, I thought that was a battle scene from Braveheart.

Comment

• Originally posted by pdom View Post
          That was a soccer game? With all the bloodspill, I thought that was a battle scene from Braveheart.
          Maybe if they had pics of the Golden Gate Bridge, which has as much relevance to this as a Niners or Warriors game, you might get excited.

Comment

• I'll miss Carl in this thread.

Would've been great to get his thoughts on the Euros and what he thought of the home nations.

RIP, bud.

Comment

• I can't help but wonder what ol' Carl would think of Mourinho leading United right now, especially in the midst of a mini-crisis.

Comment

• Sucks to read about Klinsmann. I really liked what he was building and infusing young American talent into legit Euro leagues for better experience instead of resting on playing crap in MLS. Hopefully they don't blow it and hire some scrub who causes us to revert to poor play.

Comment

• Randomly wondered when the next World Cup. Googled and discovered the World Cup starts in a couple weeks. Wondering why I haven't heard anything about it, went to check on who's in the round-robin Group with us.....now I know why.

Comment

Working...
                  X