X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
    A day after carp admits to playing FIFA Soccer, US beat Germany in a friendly.

Take a bow, sir. You've done your country proud.

Comment

Big time, much needed win tonight for the US.

Just when it looked like they blew it in the 89th min, they come right and pull out the win with a clutch goal.

Well done.
      2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

Comment

Another win for the US last night and Jozy keeps on scoring. He and Dempsey could be deadly together.

Comment

I started the momentum with this...so much so that I may get FIFA 13 now instead of the used copy of 12 I bought.

Comment

Originally posted by Carp View Post
            I started the momentum with this...so much so that I may get FIFA 13 now instead of the used copy of 12 I bought.
            If the US win the Gold Cup here in a few weeks, I'll get you a copy myself.

Comment

USA wins again.

1-0 over Honduras.

Wanna guess who scored?

Jody does it again.

Comment

I have been enjoying the Conf Cup, two potentially good games left. And lots of activity transfer wise and managerial wise. Isco is a great pickup for Real.

Comment

More proof this is teh Debil's sport....

Soccer referee beheaded after stabbing player to death in Brazil

By Cindy Boren, Published: July 7, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Angry spectators turned unimaginably violent recently, running onto a soccer field in Brazil and stoning to death and dismembering a referee who had stabbed a player to death.

The Public Safety Department of the state of Maranhao said in a statement (via the Associated Press) that, when referee Otavio da Silva expelled Josenir dos Santos Abreu, whose age is listed as either 30 or 31, from a game last weekend, the two men fought. Silva, 20, took out a knife and stabbed Abreu, who died as he was being taken to a hospital.

Friends and relatives of Abreu, the statement said, “rushed into the field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body.” Local media reported (via Fox Soccer) that he also had been decapitated, with his head was placed on a stake in the middle of the field. The scene was captured by cellphone photos and video, which haven’t been authenticated.

One suspect, Luis Moraes Souza, is under arrest with police seeking two others. has been arrested for the crime, and authorities are searching for two more. “Reports of witnesses have indicated some people that were in place at the time of the fact,” Valter Costa, chief of police in the town of Santa Ines in Maranhão said in a statement (via Fox Soccer). “We will identify and hold accountable all those involved. A crime will never justify another. Actions like this do not collaborate with the legality of a state law.”

The incident comes as Brazilian officials are preparing for World Cup in 11 months and the Olympics in 2016.

Comment

Like you wouldn't have stoned the ref who missed the P.I. call on Deion against Irvin in the 94 NFCC.

Comment

Champions League is going to be very competitive this year. Looking forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                        A day after carp admits to playing FIFA Soccer, US beat Germany in a friendly.

Take a bow, sir. You've done your country proud.
                        Dude, since Carp started playing, the US had yet to lose. They are on a 10 game winning streak and play in the Gold Cup final tomorrow.

Carp, don't stop playing FIFA.

Comment

USA wins the Gold Cup!

Comment

You're welcome America.

Comment

The national team has been killing it without Donovan, add him to the mix and with a little luck we could make a bit of noise in the World Cup next year. Of course alot of advancing in the World Cup is the luck of the draw so you never know what could happen but from a personnel standpoint we have a very good goalie, a strong midfield and with Altidore's improvement, Donovan's return and Dempsey we have solid attacking options.

I'm still not really confident in the backline but Beasley has been a revelation and we have some young CB's who could be very good if they can grow over the next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
                                The national team has been killing it without Donovan, add him to the mix and with a little luck we could make a bit of noise in the World Cup next year. Of course alot of advancing in the World Cup is the luck of the draw so you never know what could happen but from a personnel standpoint we have a very good goalie, a strong midfield and with Altidore's improvement, Donovan's return and Dempsey we have solid attacking options.

I'm still not really confident in the backline but Beasley has been a revelation and we have some young CB's who could be very good if they can grow over the next year.
                                Donovan is playing crazy right now.

If he continues to play like that behind Dempsey and Jozy, we could have our most dangerous team of all time.

Beasley blossoming at RB is something I never would have imagined, so props to Klinnsman for seeing something in him to play that spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X