Soccer Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
A day after carp admits to playing FIFA Soccer, US beat Germany in a friendly.

Take a bow, sir. You've done your country proud.
Dude, since Carp started playing, the US had yet to lose. They are on a 10 game winning streak and play in the Gold Cup final tomorrow.

Carp, don't stop playing FIFA. :art

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The national team has been killing it without Donovan, add him to the mix and with a little luck we could make a bit of noise in the World Cup next year. Of course alot of advancing in the World Cup is the luck of the draw so you never know what could happen but from a personnel standpoint we have a very good goalie, a strong midfield and with Altidore's improvement, Donovan's return and Dempsey we have solid attacking options.

I'm still not really confident in the backline but Beasley has been a revelation and we have some young CB's who could be very good if they can grow over the next year.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The national team has been killing it without Donovan, add him to the mix and with a little luck we could make a bit of noise in the World Cup next year. Of course alot of advancing in the World Cup is the luck of the draw so you never know what could happen but from a personnel standpoint we have a very good goalie, a strong midfield and with Altidore's improvement, Donovan's return and Dempsey we have solid attacking options.

I'm still not really confident in the backline but Beasley has been a revelation and we have some young CB's who could be very good if they can grow over the next year.
Donovan is playing crazy right now.

If he continues to play like that behind Dempsey and Jozy, we could have our most dangerous team of all time.

Beasley blossoming at RB is something I never would have imagined, so props to Klinnsman for seeing something in him to play that spot.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

Chris, you gotta get in there to get three points!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
US down 2-0 to Bosnia on the road and now tied at 2-2 thanks to Jozy setting the record for most consecutive games scored for the USNT.

5 straight for Altidore.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Jozy does it again!!!!

Holy shat!

What a fricking goal. This could be our first real star in the making.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And he does it again!!! :lol :towel

A fricking 2nd half hat trick!

D

Deuce

I think what we're seeing is a redux of the '57 Brazilian national team. And yes, I'm now expecting back to back World Cup titles.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Bosnia is a very solid team, impressive win on the road considering we didn't have our full squad and were integrating first-time guys like Brooks and Johannson. I really liked what I saw out of Johannson, had a nice touch and looked very dangerous in the box.

The team as a whole has really bought into Klinsman's style and they look excellent, I'm guessing the team we'll see in Brazil will be the best USA team ever fielded at a World Cup. Now, that doesn't guarantee results because alot of the World Cup is getting lucky with the draw but I'm pretty confident in saying this will be the best team we have ever put out.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Bosnia is a very solid team, impressive win on the road considering we didn't have our full squad and were integrating first-time guys like Brooks and Johannson. I really liked what I saw out of Johannson, had a nice touch and looked very dangerous in the box.

The team as a whole has really bought into Klinsman's style and they look excellent, I'm guessing the team we'll see in Brazil will be the best USA team ever fielded at a World Cup. Now, that doesn't guarantee results because alot of the World Cup is getting lucky with the draw but I'm pretty confident in saying this will be the best team we have ever put out.
Agreed.

Johannson looked very nimble. That's the type of player that we haven't produced much of in our history.

And I too think that we're currently constructing the best team we've ever had.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I never thought I'd ever see the day where the US would help Mexico get in to a World Cup.

Mexico was literally 2 minutes away from being eliminated from the World Cup altogether, but the US, with absolutely nothing to play for, scored 2 goals in stoppage time at Panama to send Mexico to the playoff vs New Zealand.

I'm actually mad at the US for doing this. :mad

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea it sucks but we also kind of just made Mexico our bitches, and I think there's a decent shot New Zealand beats them.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I never thought I'd ever see the day where the US would help Mexico get in to a World Cup.

Mexico was literally 2 minutes away from being eliminated from the World Cup altogether, but the US, with absolutely nothing to play for, scored 2 goals in stoppage time at Panama to send Mexico to the playoff vs New Zealand.

I'm actually mad at the US for doing this. :mad
Some Salvadorean inferiority complex showing through there...?

Yea it sucks but we also kind of just made Mexico our bitches, and I think there's a decent shot New Zealand beats them.
I put the odds 65-35 in favor of NZ... :picard

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Some Salvadorean inferiority complex showing through there...?
Not at all....we suck and I know that, but it would nice to have a World Cup without Mexico because as someone who prefers Spanish language programming when it comes to soccer, I would like to know what it's like to not watch nothing but Mexican coverage with stupid interviews and features about what the Mexican NT likes to eat on the road or what the fans in some bar think is going to happen.

There are other Latin countries that participate in this event and it would be nice to see them get some coverage too.

Top Bottom