NHL Chatter Thread

data

Forbes #1
The last 20 minutes has been heartpounding. Opp after opp after opp

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Kings just won the Cup in 5 games despite leading the Rangers for a grand total of 58:20 minutes all series. In a series of about 360 total minutes played.

This was was closer than the final tally in games.

Rangers will be in the mix next year... Good season. The better team won, congrats to the Kings, but I've never seen a team get more screwed by bad calls and bad bounces and bad deflections in a hockey series than the Rangers in this one.

Carl

RIP Brother
I have tried and tried to hug this sport and I just cant. And watching the games in a sports bar in LA, which I often do, makes me feel like Jane Goodall.

Just don't enjoy. Too much luck, too many deflections, too many obnoxious fans who think it is the only "real" sport on earth. Obviously I dont understand the nuance, but to me its like cheering for the lottery numbers. Anyway, what do I know, I live in LA and hate each and every LA sports team, so #bias.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I was a big fan of Hasek and Modano back when I followed Hockey (before the lockout).

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was a big fan of Hasek and Modano back when I followed Hockey (before the lockout).
Oddly enough I was a big Modano and Stars fan at one point. Gave up like you did and then returned to the sport when I lived in St. Louis and got to see a ton of Blues games. Now I'm a Blues fan.

D

Deuce

The playoffs are Tyler Johnson's world and we're all just living in it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The Lightning are just a horrible matchup for the Rangers. A couple years back, we were a good team but simply couldn't beat the Penguins. In 2011, the Penguins got bounced early, the Rangers didn't have to play them, and got all the way to the conference Finals before losing.

They have the same issue with the Lightning dating back to last year. Ben Bishop was 8-0 against them heading into this playoff series. Now he's 9-1, about to be 10-1. They just can't beat this team. If they had gotten Montreal instead of Tampa, this series would be in the bag already. Instead, it doesn't look like they can beat Tampa.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
DIAF.

Disappointing end but like I said before, some teams you just can't get by. The 1995 Cowboys weren't beating the 49ers in the playoffs and had to rely on the Packers taking them out for us. The Rangers are a very good team but not so good that they can steamroll anybody they face.

Lightning are a bad matchup for them and it showed all series. The Kings and Bruins also are two teams that the Rangers just can't beat in a 7 game series.

But F Tampa anyway, go Ducks or Hawks.

D

Deuce

DIAF.

Disappointing end but like I said before, some teams you just can't get by. The 1995 Cowboys weren't beating the 49ers in the playoffs and had to rely on the Packers taking them out for us. The Rangers are a very good team but not so good that they can steamroll anybody they face.

Lightning are a bad matchup for them and it showed all series. The Kings and Bruins also are two teams that the Rangers just can't beat in a 7 game series.

But F Tampa anyway, go Ducks or Hawks.
@ByTimReynolds: It gets better.

15 members of the Tampa Bay Lightning played in more wins at Madison Square Garden this season than Carmelo Anthony did.

D

Deuce

Hopping on the bandwagon, eh?
Admittedly, it's a very casual following, but I've always rooted for them. I've traveled over for a few games throughout the St. Louis/Lecavilier years and I've kept tabs since.

Top Bottom