The Rasslin' Thread

Newt

DCC 4Life
WrestleMania is in Jerry World this weekend, is anybody going? And if you are a fan of pro wrestling did you watch the NXT event last night? If you haven't seen you, you should, it was probably the best wrestling show of the last year.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
WrestleMania is in Jerry World this weekend, is anybody going? And if you are a fan of pro wrestling did you watch the NXT event last night? If you haven't seen you, you should, it was probably the best wrestling show of the last year.
I got back into wrestling pretty hardcore around last May, and this will be the first live Wrestlemania I've seen since X7, now that the Network is around.

Nakamura-Zayn was ridiculously good last night. I'm also a big mark for The Revival, who remind me of Arn Anderson. Love those guys. Asuka makes me happy... In so many ways.

Predictions for Sunday?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Used to be into rasslin' in the 1980s and even into the early 2000s.

It lost its luster when McMahon bought out WCW.

D

Deuce

I couldn't name more than two guys in WWE anymore and haven't been able to for years. But Wrestlemania is in Orlando next year and I'll probably go. I sort of feel obligated to to my childhood to do so.

data

Forbes #1
I couldn't name more than two guys in WWE anymore and haven't been able to for years. But Wrestlemania is in Orlando next year and I'll probably go. I sort of feel obligated to to my childhood to do so.
I did it for the exact same reason. You won't regret it.

Also, you have to go to the Monday night RAW the next day.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Mine friend's daughter is the Russian girl. I know nothing wake about the crap.

Bsb

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Used to be into rasslin' in the 1980s and even into the early 2000s.

It lost its luster when McMahon bought out WCW.
I highly recommend NXT, especially the Takeover specials. It is WWE's developmental league, but they often get the top independent wrestlers as they prepare for WWE's production style. It is all on Hulu if you have it.

If you watched in the '90s for the titties and craziness, but otherwise think wrestling is stupid "fake fighting" for kids, you won't like it. If you understand a little bit about the kind of performance wrestling is and the stories that are told in the ring, NXT is full of invested crowds and top notch wrestlers.

The main WWE show is spread thin and it's a lot less consistent, although it has some wrestlers I like, especially in the women's division. Ric Flair's daughter is champ right now.

townsend

Banned
I highly recommend NXT, especially the Takeover specials. It is WWE's developmental league, but they often get the top independent wrestlers as they prepare for WWE's production style. It is all on Hulu if you have it.

If you watched in the '90s for the titties and craziness, but otherwise think wrestling is stupid "fake fighting" for kids, you won't like it. If you understand a little bit about the kind of performance wrestling is and the stories that are told in the ring, NXT is full of invested crowds and top notch wrestlers.

The main WWE show is spread thin and it's a lot less consistent, although it has some wrestlers I like, especially in the women's division. Ric Flair's daughter is champ right now.
I loved the shit out of NXT. I always kind of get sad when a guy like Neville gets called up to job, when the wrestling in the "developmental" brand is just so much better.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I loved the shit out of NXT. I always kind of get sad when a guy like Neville gets called up to job, when the wrestling in the "developmental" brand is just so much better.
I have a lot of hope for HHH's vision going forward. There are a few hopeful signs. Apparently Kevin Owens spoke up and got a major booking change for himself, Aj Styles and Dean Ambrose in the Royal Rumble. The last guys to pull that kind of thing off were Stone Cold, HBK, etc.

My fantasy booking has Sami Zayn losing a retirement match and returning as Generico.

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
I have a lot of hope for HHH's vision going forward. There are a few hopeful signs. Apparently Kevin Owens spoke up and got a major booking change for himself, Aj Styles and Dean Ambrose in the Royal Rumble. The last guys to pull that kind of thing off were Stone Cold, HBK, etc.

My fantasy booking has Sami Zayn losing a retirement match and returning as Generico.
Yeah I think WWE is ostensibly better than its been in a long long time, but all the injuries have made it hard to watch. CM Punk quit, Seth Rollins got hurt, Daniel Bryan being forced to retire pretty much broke my heart.

I hadn't even realized Sami was even in Wrestlemania because he had had a handful of back to back injuries when I had last been paying attention, and I wasn't sure if he was going to be able to stay healthy. I love him and Owens getting to play out their ROH/NXT rivalry at Wrestlemania, I especially loved that Zack Ryder somehow got the IC title out of it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
When I lived in Vegas I went to a Monday Night Raw event with my son for his birthday. Not a huge wrestling fan, but I knew enough...lots of people made their way there...lots of people were unannounced, like the Rock and a few other big names. I think our tickets were 80 bucks for both of them and for just the spectacle and show, I feel like I got off cheap. It was 4 hours long and they had all kinds of shit going on, so there were not any lulls. Well worth it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
101,376 attendance.

Jerruh must be so happy.
I read somewhere that the gate was something like $17.6 million.

Top Bottom