X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
    I couldn't name more than two guys in WWE anymore and haven't been able to for years. But Wrestlemania is in Orlando next year and I'll probably go. I sort of feel obligated to to my childhood to do so.
    When I lived in Vegas I went to a Monday Night Raw event with my son for his birthday. Not a huge wrestling fan, but I knew enough...lots of people made their way there...lots of people were unannounced, like the Rock and a few other big names. I think our tickets were 80 bucks for both of them and for just the spectacle and show, I feel like I got off cheap. It was 4 hours long and they had all kinds of shit going on, so there were not any lulls. Well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by pdom View Post
      101,376 attendance.

Jerruh must be so happy.
      I read somewhere that the gate was something like $17.6 million.
      2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Kbrown View Post
        You mean Lana? She fine.
        Yup. I've known the family for years. She grew up in Latvia in a missionary family of American parents.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/cj.perry.3954

Comment

Originally posted by skidadl View Post
            She is fine but nobody comes close to Keibler.

Those Legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiggyfly View Post
              She is fine but nobody comes close to Keibler.

Those Legs.
              I feel kinda bad cause she was a kid when I met the family. Weird

Comment

I see that you all are playimg fast and loose with the term "sport"

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                  I see that you all are playimg fast and loose with the term "sport"
                  More of a performance, like ballet or gymnastics, but it takes some real athleticism to do it. Especially now, the days when the better performers would just carry a fat guy are mostly gone.
                  #firegarrett

Comment

Originally posted by Clay_Allison View Post
                    More of a performance, like ballet or gymnastics, but it takes some real athleticism to do it. Especially now, the days when the better performers would just carry a fat guy are mostly gone.
                    It's like performance arts for straight men. I've got nothing against it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                      It's like performance arts for straight men. I've got nothing against it.
                      Yep. It's a choreographed exhibition with a pre determined ending. The crowd frenzy is interesting. I haven't seen professional wrestling for some time but it is probably about the same only more of an extravaganza.
                      Since Day One

Comment

Not Wrestlemania related but certainly worth mentioning......Joan Laurer AKA Chyna died last night at the age of 45.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
                          Not Wrestlemania related but certainly worth mentioning......Joan Laurer AKA Chyna died last night at the age of 45.
                          I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess it was cardiac related.

Comment

For all the attention paid to NFL's long term health impacts, WWE gets off scott-free while being if not Moreso destructive

Comment

For all the attention paid to NFL's long term health impacts, WWE gets off scott-free while being if not Moreso destructive
                              I don't think it's the long term health impacts of wrestling that's the problem. It's the long term steroid and cocaine use that kills these guys.

Comment

For what it's worth, WWE has mandatory retirement procedures in place for head trauma now. Arguably their most popular current star retired a few months ago in his 30s after WWE officials refused to clear him after a concussion, even when a few independent doctors gave him an OK.

Comment

Working...
                                X