OT: 20th Anniversary of unbelievable High School playoff game @ old Texas Stadium

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Mods move if you want, but I think everyone should watch this. Plano East vs John Tyler. Do you guys remember this? I remember seeing these highlights, but haven't thought about in a long time. Did anybody on here go to these schools? Watch the whole thing and listen to the announcers. Crazy, funny, heartbreaking, etc.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Definitely remember that game and I remember being super excited when I saw Sports Center doing a feature on it.

Most of my relatives in Texas attended John Tyler. If I hadn't moved to OKC when I was 8 y/o I'd have went there myself.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I remember that too.

I lived in Plano for a bit so this was a big deal back then, especially when it made Sports Center.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I had never seen that. Holy crap, what a game.

D

Deuce

I feel really bad for Plano, but I can't help but laugh my ass off every time I see this. What a horrible way to lose.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I had never seen that. Holy crap, what a game.
What?!

Living in Texas, you're telling me you never saw this? This was on Sports Center for weeks as well.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I feel really bad for Plano, but I can't help but laugh my ass off every time I see this. What a horrible way to lose.
:lol

The best part is the heartbroken good ol' boy commentary.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I know those announcers sound like bumbling hicks but there is nothing like simple and pure high school football. It is a really exciting game to be involved with.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What?!

Living in Texas, you're telling me you never saw this? This was on Sports Center for weeks as well.
Nope, had never seen it. Maybe it happened during my dark ages when I was snorting shit up my nose more often than watching TV.

Top Bottom