College Basketball Chatter...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Stay classy, Mountaineers. You should be ashamed, [MENTION=39]UncleMilti[/MENTION].
Looked like the fan jacked into the player pretty hard first.

Were you at the game?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Looked like the fan jacked into the player pretty hard first.

Were you at the game?
I was not. It sold out before I could get tickets.

Here is a better look at it. The fan barely touched him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was not. It sold out before I could get tickets.

Here is a better look at it. The fan barely touched him.

Yeah the other angle made it look like he really hit the player first. But this one makes it pretty clear he barely grazed him.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

Stay classy, Mountaineers. You should be ashamed, @UncleMilti.

:unsure

Cotton

Staff member

Oklahoma moved up to #4.

WV dropped to #6.

Tech stayed at #8.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
A cheerleader got kicked out of the Arizona/Arizona State game last night. :lol

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I’m gonna lol so hard if Coach K gets implicated by the FBI and Roy is clean.

Which I have a good feeling that at least 50% of that statement is true.

Cotton

Staff member

DLK150

DCC 4Life
They're vacating the wins from their 2012 final four season too.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2018/02/20/louisville-basketball-ncaa-infractions-appeal-ruling/1032556001/

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

D

Deuce

No, there just was no National Champion that year now.
Worst sanction ever. The school, the players, the fans, nobody involved will not automatically feel like they didn't win the championship that year.

Take away scholarships and official visits. That's the only true punishment and L'ville got off light.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Worst sanction ever. The school, the players, the fans, nobody involved will not automatically feel like they didn't win the championship that year.

Take away scholarships and official visits. That's the only true punishment and L'ville got off light.
I dunno, I see your point. But they also can't say "We won that year." Keeping score of championships is an important measurement, which we should know as Cowboys fans.

I agree they also should be penalized going forward.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I agree, it's like a clerical change that has no impact on reality. Those kids still got all the job of winning that championship and even the fans of the school got to enjoy the run. Saying it didn't happen won't change the past.

D

Deuce

I dunno, I see your point. But they also can't say "We won that year." Keeping score of championships is an important measurement, which we should know as Cowboys fans.

I agree they also should be penalized going forward.
They might take down a banner, but they aren’t going to not count it. It’s not like Michigan is named Champion in their place.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
They might take down a banner, but they aren’t going to not count it. It’s not like Michigan is named Champion in their place.
No, they ARE gonna not count it. It’s like, UNC has 6 National titles... Duke has 5. If one of UNCs had been vacated due to the AFAM thing, we’d only get to say we have 5 like Duke, until they take away Duke’s last 2 for paying players at least.

It’s just like the season had no national champ.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So Dennis Smith accepted $36k, Wendell Carter received 100 bucks, Brice Johnson received 100 bucks.

My 50% prediction looking spot on. :lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, they ARE gonna not count it. It’s like, UNC has 6 National titles... Duke has 5. If one of UNCs had been vacated due to the AFAM thing, we’d only get to say we have 5 like Duke, until they take away Duke’s last 2 for paying players at least.

It’s just like the season had no national champ.
Yeah on a piece of paper, but do you really think fans are going to pretend like it didn't happen?

Top Bottom