College Basketball Chatter...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
All I know is Tech should move up into the top 15 this week when polls are released and UT isn't ranked. I'm just saying.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Did you watch yesterday's game against Oklahoma? The officials made that a hard game to watch. I was really looking forward to seeing the Sooners young gunners vs. that "Press Virginia" defense, but man.......the refs just would not let either side play.

Seemed like every other possession they were calling fouls or stopping play due to a clock issue.

As an aside, the Big 12 may be the best conference in the country. I think we have a good chance of 3 or 4 teams making it to the sweet 16.

I also think this is the season that someone other than Kansas finally wins the conference.
Yeah...it was a shit show. I don't know why these refs feel like they have to be part of the game. Been going on way too long.

Cotton

Staff member
And, now Tech is in the top 10. But, now we play #9 OU and #2 WVU in back to back games. We will see if Tech can hang. [MENTION=39]UncleMilti[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION]

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
One of the things I love about CBB is there are always a lot of nontraditional power schools in the mix.

Cotton

Staff member
[MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION], you watching the game tonight?

Cotton

Staff member
Let's crush these fools.
We haven’t faced a defense this aggressive all year, so I’m a little nervous about it. I’m hoping for a good game at least.

Cotton

Staff member
That was a helluva first half. Sloppy as shit by Tech with the ball. Thank god OU is shooting shitty or this would be lopsided.

Cotton

Staff member
These officials are killing me.

Cotton

Staff member
FIFY

#BoomerSooner

:towel
Yeah, he came alive in the second half. It was a good game. Tech was extremely sloppy with the ball in the first half, or it might have been closer.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yeah, he came alive in the second half. It was a good game. Tech was extremely sloppy with the ball in the first half, or it might have been closer.
The first half he was frustrating me with his bad shot selections. It looked like he was more concerned with getting himself going than running the offense. As he matures he'll realize that playing off your teammates, utilizing screens, etc. will create easier scoring opportunities.

Kind of odd that a long tenured and decorated coach like Lon Kruger would allow a Freshman to go all AAU during games. I guess it was a recruiting promise they made to get him to play for Oklahoma, because we rarely get 5 star recruits in basketball. He had offers to blue blood programs like Kansas and Kentucky but he chose to stay home and play at OU. So maybe they bent over backwards to secure talent that they normally wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell at getting.

Cotton

Staff member
The first half he was frustrating me with his bad shot selections. It looked like he was more concerned with getting himself going than running the offense. As he matures he'll realize that playing off your teammates, utilizing screens, etc. will create easier scoring opportunities.

Kind of odd that a long tenured and decorated coach like Lon Kruger would allow a Freshman to go all AAU during games. I guess it was a recruiting promise they made to get him to play for Oklahoma, because we rarely get 5 star recruits in basketball. He had offers to blue blood programs like Kansas and Kentucky but he chose to stay home and play at OU. So maybe they bent over backwards to secure talent that they normally wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell at getting.
He was definitely trying to force it early, but the way he showed maturity to me was how he got himself in a groove. He did it by feeding his teammates and letting them score. As soon as you guys got the lead, though. he lit on fire.

vince

Not So New Member
Wow what a game! Impressive win by TTU! Now how is it we can't beat OU? That's just ridiculous. We got Texas on the 17th. We should handle them easily.

Cotton

Staff member
Wow what a game! Impressive win by TTU! Now how is it we can't beat OU? That's just ridiculous. We got Texas on the 17th. We should handle them easily.
That was one of the most fun games I have ever watched. Down by as much as 11 at one point, had only one lead of 1 point in the first half.

They screwed the pooch by switching to a zone D in the second half. We flattened that shit and went to the corners for 3s. I think that lost them the game.

Just an incredible win.

vince

Not So New Member
That was one of the most fun games I have ever watched. Down by as much as 11 at one point, had only one lead of 1 point in the first half.

They screwed the pooch by switching to a zone D in the second half. We flattened that shit and went to the corners for 3s. I think that lost them the game.

Just an incredible win.
I wasn't able to watch the first half but sure glad I caught the 2nd. Man that was some comeback. FT shooting was near perfect too. Loved the composure they had throughout.

Cotton

Staff member
I wasn't able to watch the first half but sure glad I caught the 2nd. Man that was some comeback. FT shooting was near perfect too. Loved the composure they had throughout.
We have got to get better at ball control. We have way too damn many unforced turnovers. That has got to improve.

Cotton

Staff member

Stay classy, Mountaineers. You should be ashamed, [MENTION=39]UncleMilti[/MENTION].

Top Bottom